The totally off-topic thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be rather unethical for a vet to suggest operations or the like which are unnecessary. Keeping a pet alive is one thing, doing unnecessary stuff - well, you wouldn't suggest it to humans...

i presume you're being a wee bit sarcastic anat01

We have decided to put our number 1 dog to sleep next week - after 15 years with my wife as her constant companion, Bella is in constant pain (on daily painkillers) and is getting very slow.

Thankfully we have been with our local vet since 2006. Vet is coming to our home. Also got a pet funeral service coming to take the body and cremate her.

Friday next week will be a difficult day
Will be thinking of you. I dread the day I have to say goodbye to Millie. She cost a bit recently but worth every cent to see her back to normal now.

wow! that's an exceptional idea, I'll have to remember that for the future.

I had to put one of ours down with lead once, one of the hardest things I've ever done, I think I'd struggle to do it again. In fact, I don't think I could do it again... unless absolutely necessary.

Agree, it would have to be exceptional reason for me to pull out my gun and use it on a pet.
Yet, would not hesitate on an injured cow/sheep/roo. If fact first thing that went thru my head when I hit that roo last week was "hope you either roll over and die, or get up and hop away, cause you are going to be in pain for at least 10 minutes until I can get back here to finish you off."

I think it'll be my wife that needs the thoughts as it was her dog (before I met them both) :( - I've taken the day off and I'll be picking up the kids from school, as I don't think she'll trust herself behind the wheel. I think a very wise idea for all on the roads.

The more I see of men, the more I love my dog. I miss my dog so much it hurts.

ImageUploadedByAustFreqFly1432038607.958272.jpg

Have probably seen a few soon to be famous fellows today.Virtually all are very tall,not overweight,male and African American.
The NBA draft is on at the Hilton NYC today.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Have probably seen a few soon to be famous fellows today.Virtually all are very tall,not overweight,male and African American.
The NBA draft is on at the Hilton NYC today.

Are they all talkin' the talk!

If you enjoy Billiards.....This man is truly Amazing.. (even if you hate Billiards…this is incredible!)

Florian Kohler (aka Venom) was born in France in 1988, speaks 3 languages, is a licensed Optometrist and he holds a black belt in Judo.He is also a pool phenomenon, redefining the sport of "trick shot pool" through a combination of artistry and breathtaking skill.

Recorded during a tour in Germany. ​Click RqziQX7eEv0-feature=player_embedded

Why aren't there more people in this world like this 5 y.o. boy (and his mother):?:.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/28136525/5-year-olds-act-of-kindness-brings-resturant-to-tears/?cmp=ydn

Hmm. Last week at Adelaide market I was approached by a possibly homeless guy but who had some mental health issues. He asked for change to buy a drink. I said no change but I will buy you a drink. To my surprise he said he'd love a coke. (Usually just want money). So in we went and bought him a coke. The coffee shop is quite upmarket and they know me as a regular so must have wondered what was up. As he left the shop he gave me a thumbs up. Best one ever. And my niece and her two young kiddies at the table loved it.

All my centrelink woes are behind me! Job means I can finally cut them loose :D

Unless, like me, they send you letters every six weeks telling you if you don't attend your Job Pathway interview, your Newstart benefits will be cut off.

Except, the "service provider" never lifted a finger the three months I was out of work, played no part in finding me employment, and I have now been back in the workforce for 9 months, so there's no benefit to cut off.

The whole job placement scheme is a sick rort.

Unless, like me, they send you letters every six weeks telling you if you don't attend your Job Pathway interview, your Newstart benefits will be cut off.

Except, the "service provider" never lifted a finger the three months I was out of work, played no part in finding me employment, and I have now been back in the workforce for 9 months, so there's no benefit to cut off.

The whole job placement scheme is a sick rort.
I got cut off a week before my appointment. And my job provider told me I was educated and that I could go find my own job. And that was after being rejected initially because I'm 'not australian' despite the fact I am.

That's so unaustralian

On the other hand, the incompetence of government bureaucracy in Australia and an ingrained failure to acknowledge any fault in the system is mind boggling tantamount to an albeit embarrassing cultural idiosyncrasy.

I got cut off a week before my appointment. And my job provider told me I was educated and that I could go find my own job. And that was after being rejected initially because I'm 'not australian' despite the fact I am.

They probably have access to your FF account and see that you are hardly ever home :-)
(Lol)

They probably have access to your FF account and see that you are hardly ever home :-)
(Lol)
They do know when you are overseas and auto suspend you. But this was when I was doing a temp job and they knew that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back