The totally off-topic thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silly question but can you take sealed crisps and Pringles across the ditch?

What's the point of having a TSA 'approved' lock on your bag, one which they can open and relock if they need to check your bag, but they then just cut it off anyway.

We have decided to put our number 1 dog to sleep next week - after 15 years with my wife as her constant companion, Bella is in constant pain (on daily painkillers) and is getting very slow.

Thankfully we have been with our local vet since 2006. Vet is coming to our home. Also got a pet funeral service coming to take the body and cremate her.

Friday next week will be a difficult day
We feel your pain QF WP.

Silly question but can you take sealed crisps and Pringles across the ditch?

Declare them ... Should be no problem ... Although that are easy enough to buy in NZ for about the same price as Oz.. There is a woolies type store a long Par 6 walk from the international terminal.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Teenager freaks out when he finds out about the whitepages...

6S2dXA4.png

Declare them ... Should be no problem ... Although that are easy enough to buy in NZ for about the same price as Oz.. There is a woolies type store a long Par 6 walk from the international terminal.
Thanks. I had heaps at home and I suspect I am going to be dead tired tonight to do anything other than sleep.

Woolies NZ = Countdown.
Coles version = New World.

One of them even have their own flybuys! (Aussie card fails, I tried! ;) )

Woolies NZ = Countdown.
Coles version = New World.

One of them even have their own flybuys! (Aussie card fails, I tried! ;) )

On that note Tesco Clubcard (UK) can be used in Ireland - given the Euro/GBP conversion rate, if you find yourself in Ireland it's an easy way to rack up a few extra points :mrgreen:

We have decided to put our number 1 dog to sleep next week - after 15 years with my wife as her constant companion, Bella is in constant pain (on daily painkillers) and is getting very slow.

Thankfully we have been with our local vet since 2006. Vet is coming to our home. Also got a pet funeral service coming to take the body and cremate her.

Friday next week will be a difficult day

That's a really sad but brave decision. Enjoy all the cuddles with her over the next week.

Wasn't Coles referred to as Coles New World at some point in Australia?

Yes, Coles in Australia was once named in the 1980's " Coles New World" & I believe the two chains were once owned together.

However, Wesfarmers who own Coles here in Australia do not own New World in NZ.

Some one still uses white pages, when my hard copies of white pages and yellow pages are delivered they go straight the the recycling bin

Might be hard to put whitepages.com in the recycling. ;)
That white pages thing is Either an example of extreme stupidity or a very good jape.

Some one still uses white pages, when my hard copies of white pages and yellow pages are delivered they go straight the the recycling bin

Same. They make good door stops occasionally. I can't remember the last time we used them - 10 years ago?

Yellow pages for business is ridiculously expensive. Our business isn't the type that would get referrals from them. The Ad guy had an argument with me saying I was missing opportunities in not advertising with them. He knew nothing about our business.

Google ads. We had a marketing person who was pretty useless. We had no say in her appointment as it was done interstate. She knew it all. She released a new website that had major grammatical errors, spelling mistakes and so on. But worse, she changed the DNS settings on our website but had not consulted with our local IT people and consequently her actions took our email system down for a week. I was supposed to have "retired" from management but after five days of no progress I told our local IT people to do whatever it took to fix it up. We did lose those five days of emails but within the hour we had emails back. Our appointed CE in Vic then had the gall to call me up to stop meddling. He then went home to his wife and told her what I had done. Bless her. She told him that I was doing exactly what he would do in the face of incompetence.

Back to google ads. They are so expensive. This marketing person decided to use a "key word' that was very expensive and with just one click on one of our sponsored ads, blew our marketing budget for a month. Worse, she had directed that click to go to a website that wasn't our major one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back