Triple status credits on Virgin Australia

Newly minted Platinum after the weekend run CBR-MEL-ADL- AFF DINNER - ADL-MEL-CBR. That was easy. Plus 330/800 SC to kick off the run to retain over the next 12 months
Was your anniversary date while you were in radelaide?
Perfect timing if so.

Otherwise the 330 SC would just accumulate. On the way to gifting gold at 500SC.

Been a while since there was even a general use Double SC offer - anything likely for forward travel does anyone think?

Been a while since there was even a general use Double SC offer - anything likely for forward travel does anyone think?
Unlikely, padding the books are likely done for now. With QR coming onboard the need for a bloated book diminishes as you can just present QR as the cornerstone investor for any future listing.

AFAIK the Qatar deal is not even approved yet. Likely yes - certain - No. :D

And if it is, will not occur until sometime in 2025.

I don't think these promos are is about 'padding the books' but simply adding to year-end revenue. They are a business. Extra discretionary travel = money in the bank. SC have zero cost to them essentially. Extra MILES cost them actual money, especially if redeemed on partners etc.

Virgin did a DSC last October open to all, for flights to be taken by year-end. We may see another. Who knows.

Virgin did a DSC last October open to all, for flights to be taken by year-end. We may see another. Who knows.

Yes last October, but they didn't do a Triple SC offer last year so I'm tipping we're done with DSC offers for 2024.

Had a DSC offers in early July.

Feb 2025 my guess.

So I have enough SC for platinum, just need 2 sectors.

Guaranteed reward seats for family of 4, even during school holidays is the biggest perk that I can see

Only made it to gold because of this triple SC offer. Never had status before

So I have enough SC for platinum, just need 2 sectors.

Guaranteed reward seats for family of 4, even during school holidays is the biggest perk that I can see

Only made it to gold because of this triple SC offer. Never had status before
Yes I called the call centre to use the 4 guarantee international rewards. Nothing 3 days either side.
On school holidays, thought you beauty.

But the call centre staffer could see 2 rewards seats (eco) that I couldn't. Had 2 in J already. Grabbed them. Strange so didn't really use the benefit in the end.

July school holidays reward seats get snapped up very quickly, some days I'm not even sure they release any.
Like Fiji Airways.

Yes I called the call centre to use the 4 guarantee international rewards. Nothing 3 days either side.
On school holidays, thought you beauty.

But the call centre staffer could see 2 rewards seats (eco) that I couldn't. Had 2 in J already. Grabbed them. Strange so didn't really use the benefit in the end.

July school holidays reward seats get snapped up very quickly, some days I'm not even sure they release any.
Like Fiji Airways.
I had same thing trying to use that benefit. Nothing online, but in the end managed to get all the flights I wanted for our family of 4 to/from SYD-DPS without using the platinum guarantee benefit in the end. Bit odd really how they could see more reward seats than what was shown online for their own metal.

I had same thing trying to use that benefit. Nothing online, but in the end managed to get all the flights I wanted for our family of 4 to/from SYD-DPS without using the platinum guarantee benefit in the end. Bit odd really how they could see more reward seats than what was shown online for their own metal.
Must be more than a coincidence.

Maybe once they know we're WP and intend to use the guarantee benefit, they hit a magic button and up pops our required reward seats.
Guess saves any further escalation stuffing around, we're permitted the benefit so it's simply granted.

Have to say however they work it, we received what we were entitled to do so happy WP campers.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Must be more than a coincidence.

Maybe once they know we're WP and intend to use the guarantee benefit, they hit a magic button and up pops our required reward seats.
Guess saves any further escalation stuffing around, we're permitted the benefit so it's simply granted.

Have to say however they work it, we received what we were entitled to do so happy WP campers.
Was it many more points to use this "guaranteed" service? I can see the benefits just as long as they don't fleece you for like X3 the amount of points if it was readily available. My head is kinda saying...well it's a benefit but you pay for it with more points?

Was it many more points to use this "guaranteed" service? I can see the benefits just as long as they don't fleece you for like X3 the amount of points if it was readily available. My head is kinda saying...well it's a benefit but you pay for it with more points?
Nah nah classic reward points value, no more no less.
They if you like release reward eco seats for you, guarantee. Great underrated perk really. Especially for peak times to peak destinations. Do it early & of course your in EcoX too.

Similar to QF WP perk, but for economy only, but guarantee.

To get your exact day you'd want zero availability 3 days either side of your preferred day for international.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back