TV series discussion {'ware Spoiler Alert}

We've been enjoying this show, just the banter between the three of them is enough.

Wasn't sure where to post this. Tonight we are watching an early show of 'To Catch a Thief' (1955). Cary Grant and Grace Kelly.
This reminded me of a letter sent by uncle Archie to Moe Howard. How manners and etiquette have changed over the years.
1726911983298.jpeg

... Cary Grant is not my uncle. Just thought I'd throw that in for some interest. ;) His real name was Archibald Leach.

Last edited:
Binged the first 8 of 10 episodes of "Nobody Wants This" on Netflix last night and cant wait to finish it tonight. Cleverly written, well acted and just feel good entertainment.

Was reading an article re the 20th anniversary of the debit of Veronica Mars and Kristen Bell mentioned this project. Went looking for it and was very glad I did, perfect anecdote for blocking out all the sporting nonsense at this time of year.

Last edited:
Finished Nobody Wants This last night and recommend. Hopefully the will be quick to make a second season the problem with Netflix it can take years.

Just watching the last Grand Tour on Prime.

Ps: maybe it’s the last GT since Clarkson’s stomach won’t fit into sports cars in the future.:)
The other day I watched a short clip of Johnny Cash showing friends how to get into and out of a Ferrari. I won't describe it in-case you search it. Runs about 20 seconds.

This is it:-

Last edited:
Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Yes
I find them really funny and situations (although unique to their odd pairing) have broad themes we all experience… family, friendships and expectations

I like a large range of disparate programs - scandi noir to Drive to Survive🤷‍♀️
Well others too are praising it. Maybe I'll give it another try.

Well others too are praising it. Maybe I'll give it another try.

You definitely should.

I found it refreshing to have a show where the leads are in their 40s and own the reality of the challenges of dating and choosing happiness even when the challenges/differences seem too hard. It is very relatable if your havent been coupled up for decades and are in the 40-50 demographic.

Plus it is funny (without being stupid or crass) and Kristen Bell is a a darn good actress (Im also doing a Veronica Mars rewatch at the moment). Its been ages since there has been a decent romcom so its an under rated genre which can be great when done properly.

Great compliment to some of the more gritty dramas and docos.

Just re-watched movie on Netflix "Finding Your Feet". Nice watching something I could understand the words and was just a well crafted film.
Have made a number of false starts on series that are just so, so. Have started watching Belgium / Dutch series (subtitles) again, Ferry, The Series. Drugs, crime, Great actors and theme. You'll need subtitles. If interested suggest watching "Undercover" first, then Ferry, then Ferry The series, all on Netflix. New series coming out shortly.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back