Vinomofo Wine Deals

That doesn't rule out a misleading description from Vinomofo. Have a read through the thread and you'll find MANY instances where they have provided false information in their descriptions.

Roger that, but if you look at the tasting notes for the Tanunda 50 Year Old Vines Shiraz, it mentions aniseed, ginger and mint notes... these are missing from VinoMofo's description. Vinomofo also only mentions the Wine Orbit award, not the others.. my guess is that it's a different wine

Southern Barossa, "hand selected low yielding" would fit Tanunda 50 year old vines, but it could also mean anything.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Anyone know what the black friday deal might be?

Edit - I've spent about 30 minutes searching and found nothing. Uncovered gives no results either. :(

Never heard of 'em...

But you could very well be right.

I've also notice that VM seems to have a huge number of Sam Kim / Wine Orbit reviews, almost to the exclusion of other reviewers. Did someone forget to pay their Halliday or TWF subscription? :p :p :p

Looks like that might be it.

I can't find any information outside of Dan's Marketplace, and nothing on the winery.

Gonna pass on this one I reckon.
Maybe coming soon to CW Wines...

Update: One of the Archery Road reviews on Wine Orbit includes a link to CW wines. The Longbow is listed at $110 rrp.

Cabernet Sauvignon 2021

A splendid expression of the variety, showing blackcurrant, blueberry, rich floral and toasted almond characters with a hint of dried herb notes. The palate delivers succulent fruit intensity together with fine texture and chalky tannins, finishing long and structured. At its best: now to 2033. $60.00. www.cwwines.com. July 2022.
  • Archery Road

Last edited:
SK nauseating adverbs "gorgeously beautifully wonderfully fabulously" are complete turn off for me. Hard pass there given the unknown factor and a standard SK paid review, when (with some patience) you can grab trusty and reliable 2018 Filsell for $20 or so.

Maybe coming soon to CW Wines...

Update: One of the Archery Road reviews on Wine Orbit includes a link to CW wines. The Longbow is listed at $110 rrp.

Cabernet Sauvignon 2021

A splendid expression of the variety, showing blackcurrant, blueberry, rich floral and toasted almond characters with a hint of dried herb notes. The palate delivers succulent fruit intensity together with fine texture and chalky tannins, finishing long and structured. At its best: now to 2033. $60.00. www.cwwines.com. July 2022.
  • Archery Road

Considering their other wines are VM staples, guessing you're right on that one RB.

Also RRP for the '18 on their site is $50, not the $30 that VM have listed
Coming to this late, but the wine on the Powell & Son website says "BAROSSA VALLEY" clearly on the label. VM instead has "RIVERSIDE" on the label. Looks like different wines but no mention of the latter on P&S' website. 20 vintage is down to $11.48 now. Might bite if it improves next weekend.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back