What I ate today - the food thread

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Back to one of our favourites ~ Tziki Bar at Forest Glen. Revamped their menu. Even better than it was. The lamb ribs now come with a pineapple and pomegranate glaze. I thought this wouldn’t be as good as the lemon sauce they used to come with. But it is better. Also now have mussels with a tomato and brandy cream sauce. Yum.
Also had the roasted cauliflower salad. As good as ever. So to the pictures.
IMG_1186.jpeg

A bit late with the mussels but there was one left.
IMG_1187.jpeg

We only had a simple meal in a Foodcourt last night that was nothing special. Todays was fine but not special
Not helped by the arrival of a noisy Chinese tour group into the small cafe halfway through our meal.

I have just had a swim at the hotel and am now lying down munching on some delicious handmade nonya pineapple tarts.

Looks delicious @OZDUCK
When I was in Port Dickson and Malacca 48 years ago, the food wasn't that good but then again, as students, our budget was pretty lean!

Agreed, can’t remember too much from 1978 in Malacca, I think I ate on the beach, I know I stayed in the Youth Hostel (a proper YHA) where I had my first experience with a Mandi! Good times.

Agreed, can’t remember too much from 1978 in Malacca, I think I ate on the beach, I know I stayed in the Youth Hostel (a proper YHA) where I had my first experience with a Mandi! Good times.
That beach at Malacca would be about 2km inland these days. There has been massive sand reclamation here.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back