Australian Reports of the Virus Spread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read elsewhere that apparently she was spoken to by police and found to have a medical certificate exemption from wearing a mask.

I would take it more liked "claimed" to have a medical exemption.

This Lily Rose 4 months ago, back when she was advocating wearing a mask. Looks to me that she had no medical issues then...

92336406_10220028954408302_6260846781693689856_o.jpg

Let's be honest any genuine person with an actual medical exemption will just enter the store and if asked, will show their exemption. That she and the other Eve Blacks of the world are filming it all just indicates that their real reason is that they want drama, confrontation and to be the centre of attention. They go in to bait and annoy seeking a reaction that they can film and later post.

Lastly if they actually had real problems health why on earth would you be walking around at a time when there is community spread for an unnecessary shop?
She was there in her own words to buy pots and shovel. Hardly one of the 4 permissible reasons to go out at present.

And if you actually needed them then, then with Bunnings:
  • You can buy online and have delivered
  • You can buy online and collect thru a contactless drive in arrangement where you do not have to live you car.

The Lily Rose's and Eve Blacks of the world are contemptible people who at a time of great crisis want their fame and entertainment at the expense of everyone else.

Personally I hope that get hounded for years.

Last edited:
I would take it more liked "claimed"to have a medical exemption.

This Lily Rose 4 months ago, back when she was advocating wearing a mask. Looks to me that she had no medical issues then...

Let's be honest any genuine person with an actual medical exemption will just enter the store and if asked, will show their exemption. That she and the other Eve Blacks of the world are filming it all just indicates that their real reason is that they want drama, confrontation and to be the centre of attention. They go in to bait and annoy seeking a reaction that they can film and later post.

Lastly if they actually had real problems health why on earth would you be walking around at a time when there is community spread for an unnecessary shop?
She was there in her own words to buy pots and shovel. Hardly one of the 4 permissible reasons to go out at present.

• You can buy online and collect thru a contactless drive in arrangement where you do not have to live you car.

The Lily Rose's and Eve Blacks of the world are contemptible people who at a time of great crisis want their fame and entertainment at the expense of everyone else.

Claimed??

my recollectionof thereporting was she showed the police some Piece of paper and they said she was free to go.

I would take it more liked "claimed"to have a medical exemption.

I guess she wasnt getting enough attention back in April so she figured out a new way to hear her own important voice.

Im guessing if you have a real reason to be unable to breathe through a mask you wouldnt be wandering the aisles of Bunnings during a global pandemic, especially when click & collect, home delivery ect are options. Emphysema killed my dad in the end, even on a good day he wouldnt leave home much and that was when he could leave the house.

Last edited:
I read elsewhere that apparently she was spoken to by police and found to have a medical certificate exemption from wearing a mask.

But her belligerent attitude towards staff (Bunnings and I think AusPos) was ridiculous. If she keeps it up I hope she’s get arrested for causing a nuisance or something like that
I am sick to death of this cough (am I allowed to say that word?). I would like to add a few other words before that. She apparently has a medical certificate, but if I were the police I would be checking back with the doctor who issued it. She seems to have no trouble blathering on as much as she likes.

I have a daughter who will almost definitely die if she gets COVID, a grand daughter left motherless and these people think it’s fun to go around and be an internet hero and egg on other people to not wear masks.

just a sickening human being.

And while I am ranting. What about the guy who was given an exemption to enter NSW from Victoria, on condition he drove straight to Sydney and isolated for 14 days. They found him at a business in Canberra! He was sent in his way by police :(

Well the police weren’t doing their job.........sigh
Police were called - I posted that video a few pages ago. Went through the same routine with them and refused to identify herself. Was arrested and taken to the police station and then produced a medical certificate. It’s all a deliberate setup. She probably belongs to some anti-vaxxer or ult right group

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Back on virus data,

Today's postivity rate of 2.93 % seems to be a huge outlier. While this number has been bouncing around somewhat it does make me wonder if the result today has been being driven by concentrating on areas like the age care facilities etc.

VIC POSITIVE TESTS
Daily Cases Net / Daily Tests
DATECASESTESTSPOS
Tue 21 Jul34729,4641.18 %
Wed 22 Jul45024,7261.82 %
Thu 23 Jul38627,1511.42 %
Fri 24 Jul28024,1181.16 %
Sat 25 Jul33920,3131.67 %
Sun 26 Jul43742,9731.02 %
Mon 27 Jul51517,5882.93 %

Police were called - I posted that video a few pages ago. Went through the same routine with them and refused to identify herself. Was arrested and taken to the police station and then produced a medical certificate. It’s all a deliberate setup. She probably belongs to some anti-vaxxer or ult right group
But there are at least two issues for police

1) medical exemption for not wearing mask
2) reason for being outside
3) normal policing eg some form of nuisance/anti-social behaviour

we probably should leave this issue for now....police should have her details and can pay an extra visit if needed.

I would take it more liked "claimed" to have a medical exemption.

Just stop giving them oxygen..... you are actually doing exactly what they want....

Back on virus data,

Today's postivity rate of 2.93 % seems to be a huge outlier. While this number has been bouncing around somewhat it does make me wonder if the result today has been being driven by concentrating on areas like the age care facilities etc.

VIC POSITIVE TESTS
Daily Cases Net / Daily Tests
DATECASESTESTSPOS
Tue 21 Jul34729,4641.18 %
Wed 22 Jul45024,7261.82 %
Thu 23 Jul38627,1511.42 %
Fri 24 Jul28024,1181.16 %
Sat 25 Jul33920,3131.67 %
Sun 26 Jul43742,9731.02 %
Mon 27 Jul51517,5882.93 %
Yes it’s almost 3%, but mathematically perhaps positive results over the average of preceding say 3 or5 days of tests conducted might be more accurate......and not be as alarming!

i think Dr Norman Swan might be on 730 report tonight.....can’t remember if he’s addressing the positivity rate or aged care......but so many thing going on, it’s hard to pay attention.

Last edited:
Spot on.

Bunnings doesn't sell food or medicine and she doesn't look like a professional gardener relying on those supplies for her job or shopping for her employer.

We can sit on our AFF moral high ground, and whilst she was obviously orchestrating a stunt, the absence of a definition of what is "necessary" in the directive and the specific exemption for people to visit hardware stores means that any such policing is impossible. Let's focus on the real problem here - a grandstanding attention seeking a#@&*#(hole. The media shouldn't give these people the oxygen they so clearly crave.

Yes it’s almost 3%, but mathematically perhaps positive results over the average of preceding say 3 or5 days of tests conducted might be more accurate......and not be as alarming!

i think Dr Norman Swan might be on 730 report tonight.....can’t remember if he’s addressing the positivity rate or aged care......but so many thing going on, it’s hard to pay attention.

I am not alarmed as I think (hope) it is more that they have a pool of prioritised testing that has caused the jump. And yes trend, or a 7 day average. is always more important than any one day of data.

If we get that type of number again tomorrow, then I will be more alarmed ;)

Last edited:
But there are at least two issues for police

1) medical exemption for not wearing mask
2) reason for being outside
3) normal policing eg some form of nuisance/anti-social behaviour

we probably should leave this issue for now....police should have her details and can pay an extra visit if needed.
I will answer 2 of your questions.Re Bunning's Karen you should be able to produce a medical certificate with your exemption.
I would go one step further and arrange a visit by a DHHS doctor to the doctor filling out such certificates to make sure that they did write such a certificate and were aware of the proper reasons for exemption as unfortunately there are at least a few doctors who will just write any certificate they are asked for.I would explain this is serious and a false certificate can at the very least get you called up before a medical tribunal.

Second your question re protection for the ears-not necessary.The eyes are moist and the secretions are drained straight to the nose so the virus gets straight to the point of infection.
With the ears they should be dry.Although there is a connection from the middle ear to the nasopharynx that connection misses much of the nose and as well the middle ear is protected by the ear drum so usually no direct connection to the outside.
It has been one occasion when i have been happy I have to wear glasses.

Sydney Black Lives Matter protest organisers lose appeal

Tomorrow's Black Lives Matter protest in Sydney remains an unauthorised event after organisers lost an appeal in court.

New South Wales Police yesterday won a Supreme Court battle to prohibit the rally, arguing it would breach public health orders.

Organisers this afternoon appealed the decision, claiming the court did not have the jurisdiction to hear the police's application.

But the Court of Appeal did not accept that argument.

A protest leader has previously said the event would go ahead even if organisers lost today's appeal.

Today's Vic DHHS report:

My bolding.

Media release
27 July 2020

Victoria has recorded 532 new cases of coronavirus since yesterday, with the total number of cases now at 8696.
The overall total has increased by 515 due to 17 cases being reclassified – largely due to duplication.

Within Victoria, 154 of the new cases are linked to outbreaks or complex cases and 378 are under investigation.

There have been six new deaths from COVID-19 reported since yesterday. They were a man in his 50s, a woman and a man in their 70s, a woman and a man in their 80s and a woman in her 90s. Five of the six were related to aged care facilities. To date, 77 people have died from coronavirus in Victoria.
In Victoria at the current time:

• 1308 cases may indicate community transmission
  • 4542 cases are currently active in Victoria
  • 245 cases of coronavirus are in hospital, including 44 in intensive care
  • 3817 people have recovered from the virus
  • Of the total cases, 8086 cases are from metropolitan Melbourne, while 463 are from regional Victoria
  • Total cases include 4317 men and 4280 women
  • More than 1,518,000 tests have been processed
  • Total number of healthcare workers: 749, active cases: 400
  • There are 683 active cases relating to outbreaks across 61 aged care facilities
Cases currently linked to public housing in North Melbourne, Flemington and Carlton are as follows:
  • 303 cases are residents of various public housing towers in North Melbourne and Flemington. Investigations are continuing into how these cases are linked.
  • 66 cases are residents of various public housing towers in Carlton. Investigations are continuing into if and/or how these cases are linked.
Aged care facilities with the highest coughulative case loads are as follows:
  • 84 cases have been linked to St Basil’s Home for the Aged in Fawkner
  • 82 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Ardeer
  • 77 cases have been linked to Epping Gardens Aged Care in Epping
  • 62 cases have been linked to Menarock Life Aged Care Facility in Essendon
  • 53 cases have been linked to Glendale Aged Care Facility in Werribee
  • 57 cases have been linked to Kirkbrae Presbyterian Homes in Kilsyth
  • 50 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Heidelberg
Single cases in staff members at the following aged care facilities have also been notified to the department - St Andrews Aged Care in Sunshine, Mercy Place Wyndham Aged Care Facility in Werribee, Mercy Place Keon Park Aged Care in Reservoir, VMCH Corpus Christi Aged Care in Clayton, VMCH Aged Care in Berwick, coughberland Manor Aged Care Facility in Sunshine North, Uniting AgeWell in Box Hill and Japara Bayview Aged Care in Carrum Downs.

Cases currently linked to key outbreaks are as follows:

• 95 cases have been linked to Somerville Retail Services in Tottenham
  • 71 cases have been linked to JBS in Brooklyn
  • 69 cases have been linked to Bertocchi Smallgoods in Thomastown
  • 47 cases have been linked to Australian Lamb Company in Colac
  • 13 cases have been linked to the Linfox Warehouse in Truganina
  • 8 cases have been linked to Diamond Valley Pork in Laverton North
  • 6 cases have been linked to Don KR Castlemaine
  • 26 cases have been linked to LaManna Supermarket in Essendon Fields
  • 22 cases have been linked to Brunswick Private Hospital
  • 6 cases have been linked to Parkville Youth Justice
  • 12 cases have been linked to Respite Services Australia in Moonee Ponds
Four cases have been linked to the NICU at the Royal Children’s Hospital. The cases are two parents, one patient and a healthcare worker. All babies, staff and parents, including any RCH staff who have spent more than two hours on Butterfly Ward since 12 July will be tested.

New cases today outside of the restricted LGA's

VIC CASES LGA
Mon 27 Jul

Greater Geelong 1
Colac Otway 3 (cluster)
Macedon Ranges 2
Greater Bendigo 2
Latrobe 2
Horsham 1

So spread still low and on where cases have already been. So quite possibly just existing clusters bubbling along through already exposed close contacts.

Yes but that took till 12 April for all to be put into isolation = weeks (from date of infection of 18 March).

All 750 at the Colac Abattoir have been isolated within several days. So if you want to use the Baggage handlers as a model it would two further weeks to put the balance of the Abattoir works into isolation than what has happened.

The end effect is that the abattoir workers have actually been isolated as a group considerably quicker than the Qantas Baggage Handler Cluster.

I suggest the timing of the two situations and the magnitude of crisis at each time is highly relevant. SA acted decisively at an early stage of a small outbreak. Victoria acted decisively in this incident weeks into a massive outbreak. Good on 'em.

But the Court of Appeal did not accept that argument.

Good.

A protest leader has previously said the event would go ahead even if organisers lost today's appeal.

Meet protest organiser Padraic Gibson, he who is quoted as saying they would go ahead regardless.

1595834346967.png

And the Government wonders why?

Regional Victorians have claimed they have been forced to wait more than a week to receive COVID-19 test results.

An email shared by Sky News Political Editor Andrew Clennell from a Victorian business owner shows some residents are having to wait a lot longer than the one to three days specified by the health officials.
The small business owner in the town of Colac wrote to local state MP Richard Riordan explaining that when the outbreak first hit they and one of their workers both got tested for COVID-19.
“We thought we would do the right thing by everyone, due to our exposure to a vast number of people in the community and we got tested,” the email read.
“We are still waiting on our results 9 days later. . . I have heard of numerous cases like ourselves.”

'Bunnings woman' has been outed by her former employer, as her LinkedIn profile says she is a senior sales consultant for iSelect, when she is not. From the Oz:

1595840019711.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back