Current Qantas First Lounge Menu (SYD/MEL) and relevant topics

I have benefited a lot from all of your posts so here's my modest contribution - the new menu celebrating the Perth-Paris flight, tested in the Sydney First Lounge. The salad was ok, toasted walnuts good although the goats cheese and cos lettuce were a bit basic. Beef bourguignon and creme caramel both exceeded my expectations

Attachments

• PXL_20240715_052632244.jpg
    PXL_20240715_052632244.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 84
  • PXL_20240715_053605868.jpg
    PXL_20240715_053605868.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 82
  • PXL_20240715_055217697.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
    PXL_20240715_055217697.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 62
  • PXL_20240715_060512263.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
    PXL_20240715_060512263.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
    728.4 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
About to leave the Flounge for QF1 - I would say all in all a quite disappointing experience.

The dishes presented looked tired (as compared to what the SIN F Lounge does) and some of them are 1-1 the same.

Staff was not super interested in working, and forgot two of my orders.
Have to say, this mirrors my last couple of visits, mostly for breakfast.

Eggs Benedict with salmon last time was cold in the middle with the salmon nearly frozen. Didn’t finish it. Time before, the signature breakfast was bad cafe fare and luke warm.

Service is hit and miss, sometimes you get what you order, sometimes you don’t. Sometimes you wait for ages.

Getting a bit over the Qantas flagship lounge TBH. Next flight is with Qatar and will be happy to check out the Air NZ lounge instead.

Last edited:
Arrived around 10:30 for a 13:00 ish boarding. Airport was weirdly quiet and with all the recent talk of spa treatments I asked on arrival for availability and straight in for a back massage. First time I’ve used the spa in 15+ years of WP….🤷‍♂️

Anyway, I passed on the Paris menu. Already had my heart set on dumplings, squid, snapper and pear! All very good.
View attachment IMG_3868.jpeg

View attachment IMG_3870.jpeg

View attachment IMG_3871.jpeg

View attachment IMG_3874.jpeg

Snapper was a little on the small size. But given I’d ordered 4x courses and a J flight ahead of me - all good.

By the time I finished lunch around 12:30 the lounge was starting to heave with QF1 and other departures.

There was a group of peeps next to me reminiscing of doing JQ domestics runs to MEL. Anyone here in that group?

Edit: FFS, why aren’t my pics posting properly?

Last edited:
This person was waxing lyrically about a time the JQ flight was delayed, delayed, delayed to the point that they wouldn’t make their return flight back from MEL. So they basically had the day in the F Lounge and went home without stepping onto a plane….
At least they made it to the F lounge unlike once when mine was cancelled overnight

I tried the congee for breakfast a couple of weeks ago. Very watery and lacking in flavour, not the congee I am used to or would recommend.

Arrived around 10:30 for a 13:00 ish boarding. Airport was weirdly quiet and with all the recent talk of spa treatments I asked on arrival for availability and straight in for a back massage. First time I’ve used the spa in 15+ years of WP….🤷‍♂️

Anyway, I passed on the Paris menu. Already had my heart set on dumplings, squid, snapper and pear! All very good.
View attachment 398809

View attachment 398810

View attachment 398811

View attachment 398812

Snapper was a little on the small size. But given I’d ordered 4x courses and a J flight ahead of me - all good.

By the time I finished lunch around 12:30 the lounge was starting to heave with QF1 and other departures.

There was a group of peeps next to me reminiscing of doing JQ domestics runs to MEL. Anyone here in that group?

Edit: FFS, why aren’t my pics posting properly?
I can see your photos, not sure why it opens another browser though

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

I can see your photos, not sure why it opens another browser though
Yes, the images are there but being posted as “links” rather than embedded 🤷‍♂️

I had more success posting more food cough in another thread…

I tried the congee for breakfast a couple of weeks ago. Very watery and lacking in flavour, not the congee I am used to or would recommend.

A couple of friends (one with Cantonese heritage) tried it in SYD a couple of weeks ago and reported it was not enjoyable at all. Theirs had flavour, but it tasted like a South Asian mix of spices...

IMG-20240713-WA0000.jpg

I had the congee in MEL and although it didn't look like much, I really enjoyed it - enough to get a second helping.
Congee.jpg

I was going to have the dumplings again in MEL but on a follow-up visit was told it had already been taken off the menu!

I had the congee in MEL and although it didn't look like much, I really enjoyed it - enough to get a second helping.
View attachment 399044

I was going to have the dumplings again in MEL but on a follow-up visit was told it had already been taken off the menu!
Game for a shot of that this weekend. Love a bit of congee. Traders Hotel Lounge in KL has a magnificent congee brekky.

View attachment 399044

This looks much more appetising than what was served in Sydney.

Game for a shot of that this weekend. Love a bit of congee. Traders Hotel Lounge in KL has a magnificent congee brekky.

Top, top congee there. Also rated the congee at Conrad Millennia Singapore.

Congee.jpg
I tried it in SYD today:
IMG_20240728_103842698_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

Back