Emirates Cancels Singapore to Melbourne Flights

Not sure which card to choose? Compare on AFF and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

I suspect QF may also cut the QF53/54 BNE service too then... which I believe was added to maintain this capacity requirement.
Do we know what the utilisation is on QF53/54? The release from CCCS is on capacity, so could QF switch in some A321 when they come on stream rather than continue with the A330s?

I was looking at the Sin - > Mel route on business classic rewards today and saw good availability, but the carrier fees are oddly high (thought it was leaving from Mel which was notoriously high). Is this perhaps in anticipation of finishing up the route?

I was looking at the Sin - > Mel route on business classic rewards today and saw good availability, but the carrier fees are oddly high (thought it was leaving from Mel which was notoriously high). Is this perhaps in anticipation of finishing up the route?
Welcome to AFF!

Are you sure you're looking at EK404 and not one of the Qantas flights? I'm still seeing SGD 89 on the Emirates flight, for example on Feb 25:

Screenshot 2024-10-07 at 8.10.44 PM.png

That is strange, as this is what I get for 6 Sept 2025! The bottom line, though, is that this is vaguely interesting but probably irrelevant: I very much doubt the flight will still be happening then.
Screenshot 2024-10-07 at 10.41.22 PM.png

Emirates rewards even in J aren't worth it with the surcharge anymore which is why it's such a shame this route is going.

On normal routes the only rewards worth chasing are F given the carrier charges are the same for a much better experience

Very strange, this is the result I get for 6 Sep 2025.
DId you search this as part of Mel - SIN - MEL?

If you do the reverse SIN - MEL - SIN you'd get the cheap pricing.

Emirates rewards even in J aren't worth it with the surcharge anymore which is why it's such a shame this route is going.

On normal routes the only rewards worth chasing are F given the carrier charges are the same for a much better experience
Emirates is sort of in their own bubble now so they don't necessarily need to chase additional customers. They're sort of ok with the state of where they're at and their customers too.

Emirates is sort of in their own bubble now so they don't necessarily need to chase additional customers. They're sort of ok with the state of where they're at and their customers too.
I don’t doubt you’re right here but a lot of airlines make their rewards programs into their own profitable schemes.

Qatar have joined forces with BA and other airlines, have good availability outside peak times in Q-suite, only 90k points one way to Europe….whereas Emirates even charge their own members these exorbitant charges I’m pretty sure.

I’m sure there are commercial reasons for this but the difference is interesting (and EK F is still a magnificent redemption despite the charges)

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back