Forum update bugs?

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Star Alliance
Silver
@admin looks like they may have been a forum software update and unfortunately some enhancements have occurred. A number of us are experiencing double postings and also in my case at least when giving a reaction it opens a new dialog box and says do you really want to give this reaction or something similar.

@admin looks like they may have been a forum software update and unfortunately some enhancements have occurred. A number of us are experiencing double postings and also in my case at least when giving a reaction it opens a new dialog box and says do you really want to give this reaction or something similar.
Yep! I was going to post exactly the same but wasn’t sure if it was the hotel wifi! (I do get some weird behaviour on AFF when not on mobile or at home).

Same issue (on android at least) the quick reply seems to be putting up a dialogue/preview box while also actually posting..

But it doesn't actually clear the posted text so very easy to double post which then generally gets auto-combined.

It would appear AFF has updated to Xenforo 2.3, lots of cool functionality there, such as using passkeys to login. Was there a post made about the update? So far I can see that highlighting text is darker than I would like - dark blue against black text doesn't work. The "like" button can be changed back if people want that. I'd say the new feature where your post become a preview box on top of everything else is probably something that can be switched off, just need to know where to look ;)

Xenforo 2.4 should be out mid-next year with some good interim updates before the big 3.0 that seems to be dragging on forever!

Last edited:
I just know I couldn't access AFF a day or so ago. And yesterday did a double post which merged itself.
Post automatically merged:

I just know I couldn't access AFF a day or so ago. And yesterday did a double post which merged itself.

Ah. Just did it again. As I clicked Reply this pop up occurred instead of forum posting the stuff I'd written.

IMG_2032.png

Click reply and it creates a double merged post.

And still happening.
Post automatically merged:

And still happening.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

Back