How does Accor treat you as an Elite guest?

Have a night in MEL to use my free night stay. Sofitel is out. Which novotel has the best breakfast spread? I love a good buffet!
Pullman on the park is priceiest cash option currently.
If there's barely any differences I should stay at the airport, it's most sensible
Cloud9 did a review on Novotel Melbourne Airport, also in the How Does Accor treat you thread #2296 or thereabouts are comments on Novotel @Cynicor
Staying 2nd December but won't do breakfast due to an early flight.

Also staying Pullman on the Park 28/11 with breakfast. If you choose either I would be interested in your thoughts.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

we stay there a bit for football and I don’t think it or any hotel in Melbourne is worth going out of your way just for Brekky
Thanks @jase05
We are attending a function at Pullman that evening, an overnighter saves us the 70 minute drive home at midnight.
Brekky is how I lure Mr Flyfrequently into a night in the big smoke.
The way to a man's heart.....!

we stay there a bit for football and I don’t think it or any hotel in Melbourne is worth going out of your way just for Brekky
Ah, but I do! When you have 2 toddlers normally and breakfast is the leftover crusts of cold toast, anything is good.
But relatively, I may as well choose the best. I don’t get to sit and eat buffet Brekky much by myself. Last time would have been jan 2023

Property:The Park Lane Pullman, Causeway Bay, HKG
Room booked: Executive Room, City View
Room upgraded/type: Executive Room, Sea View
Rate: AUD 1408 Pre-paid - 3 nights incl Fees and Tax
Free internet: Yes
Free Breakfast: Yes
Early check in/late out: Not required
Welcome drink: Yes, Two Vouchers
Welcome gift: Large Fresh Fruit platter

This hotel was an excellent choice for our stay in HKG after a cruise down from Tokyo. From the moment we arrived, until checkout, the service and amenity we received exceeded our expectations. Although we arrived at 0900, our room was ready and we were offered breakfast in the lounge.

Causeway Bay is a very busy and popular area with many local and high end shops, only a couple of stops from Central and a lot cheaper than the main 5-star hotels near Admiralty or on the foreshore in Kowloon. It also had Victoria Park opposite, if you fancied a walk or jog.

This is the view from our room during the nightly laser show.

1730086741455.jpeg

The best thing about the treatment we received was in the Lounge, where a cooked and buffet breakfast was served at your table, as were afternoon tea and unlimited drinks and snacks in the evening. I have rarely seen as many people welcoming you and serving in a hotel lounge.

The room was fine and well appointed, except for the bathroom that had to be separated from the room by blinds and had the most ridiculous placement of a bath and rain-forest shower. I tried to capture it in a photo but, to have a shower, you almost had to lean over the bath.

1730087260224.jpeg

I would recommend this property - despite the bathroom - but it will become a Marriott early next year so this post will have to move.

Property: Pullman Hill St Singapore
Room booked: High Floor Executive King Room with lounge access
Room upgraded/type: No and didn’t ask. Only further upgrade available for Gold + would have been better view I suspect.
Rate: Used a corporate rate for this stay
Early check in/late out: Yes, late check out granted to 2:00pm
Welcome drink: Yes, 2 on the app but they weren’t required with lounge access
Welcome gift: Yes, fruit platter and box of 3 types of honey (hard to tell if this was for room type booked or gold plus or every one got one)

Hotel is nice, only about 12 months old. Mix of tourists and business travellers. Well located in the city. Welcoming service, great pool and amenities (2 pools, I didn’t use rooftop). Rooms are small but well functioning and great shower. Decent lounge inside and outside areas with great service including plentiful but standard breakfast fare. 3 restaurants on site but I didn’t eat at any (so many other food options!)

Room upgraded/type: No and didn’t ask. Only further upgrade available for Gold + would have been better view I suspect.
Welcome gift: Yes, fruit platter and box of 3 types of honey (hard to tell if this was for room type booked or gold plus or every one got one)

Hotel is nice, only about 12 months old. Mix of tourists and business travellers. Well located in the city. Welcoming service, great pool and amenities (2 pools, I didn’t use rooftop). Rooms are small but well functioning and great shower. Decent lounge inside and outside areas with great service including plentiful but standard breakfast fare. 3 restaurants on site but I didn’t eat at any (so many other food options!)
I stayed here recently and didn't rate it. Very small rooms. The executive lounge had people walking around in it with bath robes during evening canapes (straight from the connected pool area) - can't say I've seen that before in the lounge. Should have been kicked out but were not.

I stayed here recently and didn't rate it. Very small rooms. The executive lounge had people walking around in it with bath robes during evening canapes (straight from the connected pool area) - can't say I've seen that before in the lounge. Should have been kicked out but were not.
Yes agree the pool being so adjacent to the lounge did provide for some very “casual” attire.

Do the rooms have a proper desk and desk chair?

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back