Last 717 service

One minor correction to your newsletter article Matt @AFF Editor … the 717 wasn’t the first QantasLink aircraft to offer J class. That honour belongs to the BAe 146-100 (and the -200/-300s that followed) that operated QFLink flights before the 717 came online in the fleet. Very nice Business Class albeit a very slow aircraft!

Currently sitting in the lounge at CBR and they've just announced that this morning's CBR-SYD 717 flight is cancelled (after initially announcing a delay). All passengers rebooked on the 737 running 20 minutes before it.

As nice as the 717s were, this kind of thing is why I stopped booking them (where I had a choice) some years ago.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

26 October:
Doubt there will be a special event for the last flight out of LST tomorrow even though the AGM is in Tasmania today

I was just on Mt Ainslie in Canberra (completely unrelated), and just happened to spot a water cannon salute at the airport. I didn't quite manage to whip out my camera at the perfect time, but this is what I managed to capture, seconds after it passed through
NYA00432~2.JPG
pure coincidence/luck that I managed to witness this

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back