New Amex statement credits

I have a booking to make with Qatar, does anyone know if it’s possible to split over multiple cards?
No idea if any of these will work;
1. buy Avios then pay with cash and Avios
2. buy a long dated ticket then cancel after some months
3. book a hotel then cancel later.

The Man Shake credit hasnt come through as yet and purchased a couple of weeks ago. Anyone else have theirs come through as yet?
Amex claiming not eligible for the credit as the merchant number doesn't match, and that the only address eligible is 9 Help Street, which is the exact address on the invoice 🤔

Amex claiming not eligible for the credit as the merchant number doesn't match, and that the only address eligible is 9 Help Street, which is the exact address on the invoice 🤔
That is very disappointing. They actually advertised it and you purchased this hoping to redeem offer they advertised. I would escalate this if I were you... You should be entitled to redeem this offer.

That is very disappointing. They actually advertised it and you purchased this hoping to redeem offer they advertised. I would escalate this if I were you... You should be entitled to redeem this offer.
They have escalated it for me, as I pointed out that is unfair to make an offer that is impossible to fulfil (by their criteria), as at my end I have done everything right.

They have escalated it for me, as I pointed out that is unfair to make an offer that is impossible to fulfil (by their criteria), as at my end I have done everything right.
That’s typical of Amex support for these offers.
The front line people are often useless if everything doesn’t match exactly. Once you escalate it will be, 99% of the time, fine.

Get offer
Save offer
Buy product using Amex

Surely that's all there is to it?
Many of the offers have other terms and conditions that must be met/followed in order for the statement credit to be paid out (e.g. in-store purchases only).

In @blackcat20 case, all conditions reasonably met, but statement credit denied, hence an escalation for review.

This was the initial response
20241010_211753.jpg

It's an online only offer and the statement clearly says the spend was at the required merchant. Also, that is the address listed on the order invoice.

Exactly how sophisticated are they expecting customers to be? If I miss out on a credit I will have no qualms letting AMEX know how little I care what a merchant's address is, and that quite frankly that it is a them issue and not a me issue

I’ve just used another dining credit so I look forward to the battle with Amex. At least this one posted as the restaurant in question, so it should be simple.
One day I hope the credit posts automatically.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Recent Posts

Back