New Amex statement credits

Ok thanks for the DP's. Will leave it a few more days then chase up if they don't arrive.

When I first got my first Amex card (back in the good old 2016 days), they were really good. 1:1 transfers to airlines, amazing customer service, brilliant offers.

Now they're so far away from that, it's crazy.

How can a company "devalue" so quickly in not so long a timeframe? It's really disappointing. I've also had subpar experiences with them recently, but not to the level that you have (I followed your FHR thread with much interest as the story developed - that was a rollercoaster but thank you for bringing us all along for the ride). That takes extra special determination to fight as long as you did. I applaud you.

I think all Amex need to do is offer something more than the competition. As other cards started limiting the number of points you could earn per month, reducing the earn rates etc, Amex realised that could cut costs and people would remain. Essentially a race to the bottom, just be a little less worse than the competition.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back