Qantas DSC October 2024 Offer - book by 31/10/24 & fly 1/11/24-19/10/25

I was trying to maximise my double status credits… and don’t know if it’s a good deal but I got a return to Cairns from Sydney for just over $1600 in Business with 160 SC giving me 320 not a bad deal…just sharing.

Inchresting....

Unable to figure out what my class code is for my booking last year, but I got 10 when I was expecting nothing ;3;
My last trip (first ever trip to China) I was expecting SC's from the Cathay legs as they are a OneWorld member and I booked the ticket on the QF website - and got nothing for the outbound to Shanghai or the return back to Hong Kong - slightly annoyed to say the least! Fortunately I got DSC for the legs on Qantas metal, and this next trip in a couple of weeks will see me retain Gold for the year with a little under six months to go.

My last trip (first ever trip to China) I was expecting SC's from the Cathay legs as they are a OneWorld member and I booked the ticket on the QF website - and got nothing for the outbound to Shanghai or the return back to Hong Kong - slightly annoyed to say the least! Fortunately I got DSC for the legs on Qantas metal, and this next trip in a couple of weeks will see me retain Gold for the year with a little under six months to go.
It's a lesson many QF flyers learn about airline booking class. (And its not just limited to CX).

Agree however in the past you could build quite complex itineraries that don't necessarily display like the above, I've done things like BNE-SYD-MEL-HBA by building them in the old search engine and it priced as a single award, or even more crazy routings. You can also spend a whole day in Canberra using the old multi city tool, the above will show the much shorter connections usually.

Get a good TA

Interesting...

Was this a multi-city booking?

Qantas is showing this booking receiving 110SC (the same booking I did last year), despite being on a Multi-City Sale fare. I'd expect to receive less if CX was valued at 0.

c8YXpGA.png
IBTxehC.png

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Interesting...

Was this a multi-city booking?

Qantas is showing this booking receiving 110SC (the same booking I did last year), despite being on a Multi-City Sale fare. I'd expect to receive less if CX was valued at 0.

c8YXpGA.png
IBTxehC.png
Never trust that calculator. It can and most certainly will get it wrong.

Never trust that calculator. It can and most certainly will get it wrong.
That's interesting because I was credited 110SCs for that exact same trip the start of this year. Maybe I just got away with it then ig...

The multi-leg rarely works as it should - it has been a bit of a joke for years.
I was also having issues using it. It worked smoothly for one trip but not for another. It was only after the price went up by ~$300 did it start working again (hmm, suspicious).

2 silly questions:
1) All flights booked via the Multi-city tool, when it decides to work, should be subject to the DSCs and not just the one-way/return flights?
2) Even though the number of SCs that show up prior to payment is the standard amount, the DSCs should come through as a separate transaction?
(This is the first time that I've purchased flights during a DSC sale - I'm trying to make sure that I'm not making any assumptions. I'm excited and am hoping for the best once the flights occur next year - I should have enough to almost get me to WP.)

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back