QFF Platinum requesting release of extra Classic Reward seats?

Using the seat map can indicate when a flight is very full, but an unallocated seat map does not necessarily indicate that the flight is lightly sold. The blocked seats are likely due to your QFF status.

The Flight Availability tab is going to be more useful for requesting seats. The particular flight you are looking at (2APR25 MEL-CGK QF39) has unusual availability this far out - only Flex Business (J) and Flex/Semi-Flex Economy (YBHKM) inventory is available.

Qantas may be expecting high demand for this flight and is not releasing any sale inventory in any cabin. VIC school holidays start on 4 April, I don't know if there are any major events in Jakarta/Indonesia around that time?

You could try request 30MAR25 if that date works for you.

View attachment 410703

Flying via SYD on 31MAR25 could also be requested.

View attachment 410705
Yes, the availability does look unusual. I've been searching for events in Jakarta around that time and I can't find anything. I'll hold on a little longer to see if anything changes in Y or J.

I agree with @sudoer . It is unusual with just J9 and a seemingly empty J cabin.

One thought is a large group has it booked as a block, but no allocations, or QF are manually limiting availability for their own reasons such as anticipated demand or some other reason. I've never quite seen a situation like this, but there still is near sox months to go.

I agree with @sudoer . It is unusual with just J9 and a seemingly empty J cabin.

One thought is a large group has it booked as a block, but no allocations, or QF are manually limiting availability for their own reasons such as anticipated demand or some other reason. I've never quite seen a situation like this, but there still is near sox months to go.
I was also thinking that it could be a group booking with no allocated seats yet. My only other thought is that there could be a huge dump of award seats coming up for some type of media release?? I think JNB and BKK happened recently, maybe Jakarta is next!

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Qantas may be expecting high demand for this flight and is not releasing any sale inventory in any cabin. VIC school holidays start on 4 April, I don't know if there are any major events in Jakarta/Indonesia around that time?
Yes, it is Easter & Australian Autumn school Holidays as per this post:
Also, you are requesting during the Autumn School holidays encompassing Easter 2025. (Varied state dependent dates from 29th March to 28th April inclusive).

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back