QFF Platinum requesting release of extra Classic Reward seats?

The responses to this sound like this WP benefit is available to them only, i.e. requesting for a family member is out of the question. Correct???
WP and P1 can request for family. Random friends on the interwebs is not allowed, but I was desperate and wanted to add to the useless question pool.

Evening! QF WP here, considering requesting a release of 2 x J seats on QF72, SIN PER, one way any day between 2nd - 6th March 2025. Is anybody able and willing to check EF for me? I don't have any subscriptions of that nature. TYIA
(Was lucky enough to secure Classic J seats PER SIN travelling end of Feb 25)

Evening! QF WP here, considering requesting a release of 2 x J seats on QF72, SIN PER, one way any day between 2nd - 6th March 2025. Is anybody able and willing to check EF for me? I don't have any subscriptions of that nature. TYIA
You can do a free trial for their Pro Subscription for 5 days

AFF has a dedicated thread to ask for flight loadings here: Flight Availability/Loadings & Upgrade Probability Help Desk

Another newbie question on the topic: do the requests apply to QF mainline / own metal only or can I add a 3K connection to it?
Requests are only for QF-operated services, although if there's 3K availability a competent agent should be able to create a multi-city booking with the QF/3K connection, assuming you get the seats released.

2nd - I8
3rd - I2
4th - I0
5th - I2
6th - I6

I'm just double-checking... When the Qantas staff says a "sale fare" bucket has nothing, are they referring to just I-fare and D-fare, respectively?

(And ofc U-fare, but that would've been redeemable directly)

For the PER-LHR flight, there were some I and D fares, so I am unsure which one came out for me (WP) and that was approved. But there were a few I fares for LHR-PER, etc. but system rejected all of the other route combinations back to PER.

I'm just double-checking... When the Qantas staff says a "sale fare" bucket has nothing, are they referring to just I-fare and D-fare, respectively?
There is an article linked in post #1, here it is:

IME, "SALE" business fares can be D or I

Looking for 2 x J seats for SYD-LAX next June or July. Totally flexible with the dates. There's no classic seats available but plenty of sale revenue fares.
Am I likely to get a couple of seats released?

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone had luck release Y+ on PER-SYD or the old PER-MEL 'Intl' legs.

Requested 3 or so weeks ago and was told no to J, Y+ and Y - she took the details 3 times so assume it was checked across all 3 classes.

Been told a couple different things from Hobart and still unsure whether they can release a request or not. Today was told for the domestic legs only J and Y avail - I thought it was classed as Intl but sounded like they couldn't request it at all. Wanting a couple days time as there's been no T and all of a sudden a heap of T availability dropped in.

(And ofc U-fare, but that would've been redeemable directly)

For the PER-LHR flight, there were some I and D fares, so I am unsure which one came out for me (WP) and that was approved. But there were a few I fares for LHR-PER, etc. but system rejected all of the other route combinations back to PER.
WP can only get release potentially with I inventory.

P1 can request review with D and I available
Post automatically merged:

Looking for 2 x J seats for SYD-LAX next June or July. Totally flexible with the dates. There's no classic seats available but plenty of sale revenue fares.
Am I likely to get a couple of seats released?
Peak demand time so possibly unlikely.. but calling and asking ifor some specific dates s the only way to know 🤷‍♂️

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Has anyone had luck release Y+ on PER-SYD or the old PER-MEL 'Intl' legs.

Requested 3 or so weeks ago and was told no to J, Y+ and Y - she took the details 3 times so assume it was checked across all 3 classes.

Been told a couple different things from Hobart and still unsure whether they can release a request or not. Today was told for the domestic legs only J and Y avail - I thought it was classed as Intl but sounded like they couldn't request it at all. Wanting a couple days time as there's been no T and all of a sudden a heap of T availability dropped in.
They are embargoed from requests for all classes. You may occasionally see Y available if you search.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back