So... what car do you guys drive when not flying?

Had the chance to buy one of these many years ago!

Also in Melbourne on the weekend, first time I’ve seen one of these disguised cars on the road, not even sure what it is!

View attachment 317709
My first thought was Marc. Whatever it is, the paint job is certainly 'different'. :oops:

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Just realized I have been spelling the Kia Niro incorrectly. I will be watching the fuel use and let you know if this hybrid gets anywhere near the 4.0 L per 100km that it claims. It is in Sydney so that should be a good test and should do about 50,000plus kms a year.

Me too.

What are some of the most difficult to spell/ pronounce car names?
Immediately thought of this one... Now I know how the Italians would say it, but me and the rest of the country's dads (and many others) are guaranteed to make a comment about someone's manky big toe whenever we see one! (I don't think we'll have to worry about that, much)

fb8d4b1b-2ccf-4269-8677-1ca31f05c693.jpg

Cheers,
Matt.

Had the chance to buy one of these many years ago!

Also in Melbourne on the weekend, first time I’ve seen one of these disguised cars on the road, not even sure what it is!

View attachment 317709
I want to say BMW, that was my first thought.

Yes - someone in my car park has one... It's quite loud for a little box on wheels.

I am not sure, but presumably its one of the special edition ones.

According to Access NSW, it’s a 1969 Fiat Abarth on a NSW, historic plate. The TO plate is from Turin, where I’m guessing the car was made.
The 500 had a 2 cylinder engine. If this is a genuine Abarth, it would be worth quite a bit. Abarths had a bigger engine, 690cc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_500#Abarth_695_SS_(1964–1971)

What's a non genuine Abarth

Maybe I should have said an original Abarth, very few left now, according to the wiki page.
Plenty of people have been caught out, it’s usually a base model made to be something worth a lot more, might be just a paint job and add some badges.

For example, there are meant to be more Falcon GTHO Phase 3 cars on the road now than were originally made.

Unfortunately a very common practice.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back