SQ Tips, Trips and Tales

Exit T3 at the airport in Singapore, through passport and customs during a layover - check back in again and hey presto - hard copy coloured boarding pass!
Shouldn't take more than 15 mins.
That's what I HAD to do after a sleepover at Crowne Plaza which is why I know.

Just catching up on the last few pages, and as a fellow holder of two flimsy thin BPs from BNE
So BNE has suffered the same fate too? You've got to be kidding me.
Exit T3 at the airport in Singapore, through passport and customs during a layover - check back in again and hey presto - hard copy coloured boarding pass!
Shouldn't take more than 15 mins.
That's what I HAD to do after a sleepover at Crowne Plaza which is why I know.
No need for this. As stated in a previous comment, you can just go to a Transfer Desk at the terminal you land in at Changi and they will print off a BP for you that's on the correct material. That's no worries.

But if you're flying something like MEL-SIN-KUL, then the "good" BP for SIN-KUL isn't as "special" as a good BP for MEL-SIN. And SQ refuse to reprint a BP for a completed segment. So we're back to MEL not printing the correct stock as the main problem.
See where this is going?

So BNE has suffered the same fate too? You've got to be kidding me.
Ah, forgot to mention, it was from a self serve kiosk in front of SQ row. Was too impatient to wait for check in to open, which served me no good anyway as SKL in BNE only opened precisely 3 hrs and 10 mins before departure.

Just booked an award ticket and noticed something interesting I haven’t encountered before. When searching MEL/SYD-FRA in F I got nothing but when searching MEL/SYD-SIN and SIN-FRA separately there was decent availability in both Saver and Advantage with legal < 24h connections.

Called customer service and the agent also couldn’t find anything when searching AUS-FRA in F. When I gave the flight numbers one by one he had no issue to create an itinerary. The agent said it’s probably an IT issue which he will make sure to report.

Don't count on SQ to rush and fix it and be aware of this possible issue when searching award availability.

Yeah I've seen this issue before too so what's the best way to handle it?

Book over the phone so they join the legs?
Or book them separately and call to join?
Or something else?

@boomy when this happened to me, they rang back a few hours later and said sorry, when I booked your flight, I did not take enough points out. I stood my ground saying the award chart says X and they relented,

I assume that’s just married sector logic, rather than an error

I know it’s an error because I was able to book the exact same flights online previously. It’s a simple AUS-EUR booking with < 24h connection I’m sure many here booked previously with no issues.

In relation to likely married segments, the only error here could be attributed to the agent.

Good luck to @boomy

The agent was great, he booked my trip in one itinerary with no issues after I gave him the flight numbers.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah I've seen this issue before too so what's the best way to handle it?

Book over the phone so they join the legs?
Or book them separately and call to join?
Or something else?

Definitely call to book over the phone and insist to get all flights in one itinerary as long as connections are < 24h. The rules are very clear.

@boomy when this happened to me, they rang back a few hours later and said sorry, when I booked your flight, I did not take enough points out. I stood my ground saying the award chart says X and they relented,

Very good that you stood your ground.

I had this issue previously with SQ when trying to book an itinerary and the system wanted to charge more miles than what KF award chard says. I’ve escalated the issue and insisted to pay the correct amount of miles even if the system says otherwise. Eventually someone with enough authority managed to do it.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back