SQ Tips, Trips and Tales

Thanks. Yes am following up. I am close to getting gold status and missing out on these points

Post automatically merged:

Thanks. I am actively following up, nothing concrete yet
Excellent. Keep fighting the good fight and let's see where this ends up. It's really interesting!

Unless it's in some T&C document somewhere that's not publicly accessible, well then how are we meant to know...

What has the chatbot (rather the agent that jumped on) said so far?

Worth chasing this one up, as even the T&Cs don't mention the calculation method - which is crucial.
From D.5.d of Krisflyer T&C

Subject to points f, g and h KrisFlyer miles are awarded based on the actual distance travelled, as calculated using the great circle distance formula, from the airport of departure to the airport of arrival, plus other bonuses when applicable. For connecting flights, which require change to another flight number, the KrisFlyer miles earned are based on the actual distance as calculated, using the great circle distance formula, for each sector within the trip.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Ah, missed that. Was searching for "actual miles flown" but D.5.d has "actual distance flown" so I missed it.

Crucially though, it does say great circle distance formula, which is prescriptive, but then it does say airport of departure and airport of arrival. For something like OP's MAN connection, or another OP's FRA connection, or SQ378's MXP connection, what is the designation of MAN or FRA or MXP? Are they "ignored" as the flight number only cares about original origin and final destination?

D.5.d also states "For connecting flights, which require change to another flight number" which seems to imply that connections which *don't* require a change to another flight number, are not counted separately. I'm not a lawyer but it appears that line basically renders the previous discussion and any additional miles claims as null and void, as they've specifically mentioned for SIN-MAN and MAN-IAH to count as we want them to count, the flight number needs to change. Which it doesn't.

So, I think you're out of luck @minesapint. So sorry, I really wanted a win (for yourself and others) on this one!

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back