SQ Tips, Trips and Tales

A couple of comments from SQ217 on Tuesday at the end of an Asia trip, including a cruise. As mentioned above, two cabin crew personnel mentioned to me, and my wife, separately, that we had vouchers expiring and would we like to spend them on this flight. I also had pre-ordered duty free to pick up on the flight and they also told me this as I boarded. My wife definitely managed to use the voucher on the flight and we got a discount as well so took lots of duty free home.

Still not a fan of the 350 J seat (like most people) and we had the same aircraft type (LH) for 3 of the 4 flights we took. I almost preferred the seat on the regional version. I find I cannot even get the tray straight on so eating while watching a movie = a bad neck. At least 19K is the best of the bad design.

We had clear air turbulence for about 90 mins half way thru the meal service - I've experienced much worse. However, and probably due to earlier SQ experiences, the crew were super vigilant as they remained in their seats. We were following in close procession an EK aircraft to SYD and a TG and a TR flight to MEL so, I guess we all experienced the same. Once the flight deck did release the crew, you have never seen a group work quicker and more efficiently to continue the service. My main course had been in the warmer for far too long but was still (just) okay. The seat belt sign did come on again but this was to help the crew in Y get the meals out and limit the traffic in the aisles.

And thanks SQ for loading my transiting bags with the crew luggage so they came out first. With the new facial recognition kiosks at MEL, even with several incoming flights mid-evening, we were in the DiDi within 25 mins of the 350 door opening.

with several incoming flights mid-evening, we were in the DiDi within 25 mins of the 350 door opening.
The odds of this happening are very slim to none.
If this indeed did happen, then you've gotten extremely lucky. A lotto ticket should be purchased as soon as possible.
MEL is just a short staffed, over crowded cacophony of hecticness at the best of times.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

The odds of this happening are very slim to none.
If this indeed did happen, then you've gotten extremely lucky. A lotto ticket should be purchased as soon as possible.
MEL is just a short staffed, over crowded cacophony of hecticness at the best of times.
Maybe very slim but true Tuesday evening. First off the plane, second to the two passport readers on the way from Gate 18, straight thru the next entry point, bags off first. SQ J boarding passes have Express Pass access thru Customs check so, I guess I better buy that Lotto ticket.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back