Strategy to obtain US Amex

Hi everyone,

A little off topic but a bit unsure what avenue to go down. I have 2 US Amex's, 1 set up through GT and the other applied through ITIN over a year ago.

I am still not seeing a FICO score even after 1 year. I have a couple of credit cards but still no score. What could be causing this issue? I've even tried a couple of other reporting agencies, but they can't access it either.

It is frustrating as I did have a FICO score prior to having the ITIN, but now it just comes up with
We encountered an error while retrieving your credit score.
It may be due to insufficient information on your report.

Any suggestions would be great.
Im in a similar boat - i am sure you have a score but accessing that score is not easy with ITIN

I was waiting for 13 months for my score to show but Amex stopped showing about 3-4 months ago (only SSN can see) but when I applied for a recent Platinum I saw a score of 684 as part of welcome pack

My understanding based on my experience is this: non-resident aliens without a SSN end up outside the FICO etc system, even if they have an ITIN. You can still obtain a credit report by using the manual form and sending it to the rating agency.

My own experience was I had FICO and TransUnion scores through my Bank of America and Amex Platinum card accounts for about the first two years I had those accounts, but then those scores disappeared out of the blue. I called the agencies and was told - in no uncertain terms - that without a SSN I could not have those scores. I mentioned my ITIN and they said they did not attach ratings to ITINs.

This is not the experience of others though - it seems there is some inconsistency about how all this works.

My 2nd chase card application is stucked and as SUB was not good (signed with 35k points only), I have asked rep to withdrew my application and hoping to reapply with new 5FN SUB.
Anyone knows when could I apply again please, my first card was approved 2 months ago.

Go to Account Services -> Security & Privacy -> Authentication Management.
Interesting when I went to that section it had nothing for Government ID, even though I had applied for another card with the ITIN and been approved. I have just added the ITIN in the SSN area and it seems to have accepted that. I wonder if that will now bring up a credit score in the future.

Interesting when I went to that section it had nothing for Government ID, even though I had applied for another card with the ITIN and been approved. I have just added the ITIN in the SSN area and it seems to have accepted that. I wonder if that will now bring up a credit score in the future.
My section just has 'Your personal information' and then lists my Email, Mobile and Passport number. It appears you may be seeing something different to me. I don't have an SSN area that I can put my ITIN number in.

My section just has 'Your personal information' and then lists my Email, Mobile and Passport number. It appears you may be seeing something different to me. I don't have an SSN area that I can put my ITIN number in.
I'd say your passport information is where I put the Government ID.

In case anyone is waiting on an HSBC statement, I just found out they won’t generate a monthly one if there’s has been no transactions since the last one :( Have to now wait another month

Ok, nearly 3 weeks since I've sent in my W-9 (don't do that) and it seems I'm back in the same boat with the Chase Ink Preferred.

No progress, called up fraud and the guy said they've received my W-9 (cough) and is under review. Nothing more do be done. HUACA and the second agent couldn't ask verification questions (computer says no). Now need to go into a branch and get a banker to call in.

Very frustrating. @mike0430 any updates from you?

Also, daylight savings is not conducive to making eastern time calls
Not much lucky either mate. Was told to go to branch as well, as my SUB was not good I have decided to withdrew my application and reply later this month with 5FN sub.

Just checking
Applied at 09/09 at 21:30 and got the send in information and it was approved at 4 hours later at 02:20 on 10/09

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-10-18 at 1.48.06 pm.png
    Screenshot 2024-10-18 at 1.48.06 pm.png
    370 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot 2024-10-18 at 1.48.23 pm.png
    Screenshot 2024-10-18 at 1.48.23 pm.png
    389.6 KB · Views: 6
ok so thats not it at all - just read somewhere need to be at least 35 days with Amex which you clearly exceed
Interesting after I applied for a checking account this email got sent to me, We were unable to verify your identity. Very weird and might explain the FICO issue.

I currently have an application for a Hilton Honors and they wont accept my address (recently moved away from MyUS) and they are asking for bank statement despite being with the with a green and platinum - so who knows how they work

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

Back