The Qantas Newbie Questions Thread

Hello.
Looking for advice on how likely Qantas will be to let myself and 2 guests into the Sydney First Class Lounge. Flying J on CX if that matters.

I am WP, the others have no notable status. I understand that officially it is myself + 1 guest only, but what would the likelihood be that they would be generous and let my additional guest in? Flight time is quite late, 10.20PM.

Following from that, I am denied two guests, could I allow my 2 guests in while I go elsewhere? (forfeiting my flounge access)
Unlikely, but it doesn't hurt to ask, especially at that late hour. If it is a "No", I'd take one guest down to J (your least favourite guest :P) and leave them there, and then come back with the other. You won't be able to guest in 2 in place of you + 1.

Cheers,
Matt.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

What's the standard operating hours for the HBA/VIP Service Team?
I think I got lucky with reaching one of the VIP team recently to change one leg of a multi-city CR ticket - same flight on BA, but W -> J.
Looks like F has opened up on the same flight now so hoping to call up to do a similar change (since it errors out online) and hopefully not have the ticket get messed up lol.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back