The totally off-topic thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what is with women in hotel rooms. Mrs D has left her gold watch on the writing desk. The diamond necklace I gave her a couple of Xmas ago, over the FRUIT in the fruit bowl and a gold/diamond bracelet (not that valuable, but still...) on the bedside table.
At checkout tomorrow I have to check EVERY nook and cranny prior to exit..... Why ?

So what is with women in hotel rooms. Mrs D has left her gold watch on the writing desk. The diamond necklace I gave her a couple of Xmas ago, over the FRUIT in the fruit bowl and a gold/diamond bracelet (not that valuable, but still...) on the bedside table.
At checkout tomorrow I have to check EVERY nook and cranny prior to exit..... Why ?
Were not all like that. Mine are always all left together in a pile on the bedside table. Easy to remember.

Of course Duffa it is your fault. Get MrsD a crown jewels box that she chooses.Then make sure it goes nowhere near a drain hole.
On the other hand from another point of view would suggest you slow down the purchasing of baubles.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Fremantle Dockers won an epic struggle against the Adelaide Crows tonight. A really good game.

Just got back from the game. Excellent match. But I think if not for the rain that Fremantle would have blown the Crows away much earlier.

Yep, all jewellery is put in the one place so nothing is forgotten.

I tend not to take jewellery overseas. And if I do take it and would not wear it the next day then it goes back in a bag ready to pack. I use packing cubes and except for crushables I tend to live out of them (lined up in drawers or cupboards).

Well because of our cancelled flight last night I got to watch the Islanders beat the Rangers.
Erkpod will know of what I am talking.

Well because of our cancelled flight last night I got to watch the Islanders beat the Rangers.
Erkpod will know of what I am talking.

As a person who has always been interested in Ice Hockey that makes perfect sense to me ;)

The tahs lost, but unfortunately still got a bonus point, 2 rounds to go, going to be interesting.

Weekend Breakfast on ABC 24 was so Sydney Centric this morning. So much coverage of Rugby league and Union but so little AFL.

The next few weeks will be tough. Different things will trigger thoughts of your dog and all of a sudden you're a mess - well i was anyway! Look after yourselves.

You are spot on. Went to give them their morning bowls of milk - had to tip into one. Later, went out into garage and saw her collar hanging next to the two leads - that broke me and my wife and I had a long sob.

Only one to feed, walk, talk to, play with. No watching them play "biting each other" on the back lawn. Tomorrow morning will be interesting for me - I walk the dogs on week days, my wife on weekends.

But there will be some things we won't miss - Bella's toileting in the garage, her hair (staffy lab wiry hair) which came off all the time and went everywhere and meant we were vacuuming every couple of days.

Has been better today - but there is much to do so no time to think - I'm sure that'll happen when we arrive home to only one dog

I tend not to take jewellery overseas. And if I do take it and would not wear it the next day then it goes back in a bag ready to pack. I use packing cubes and except for crushables I tend to live out of them (lined up in drawers or cupboards).
I only take my everyday jewellery, nothing fancy. Not that I want to lose any of it, but it's more easily replaced than, say, my mums engagement ring...

Travelling the 3 ladies. We have a mandatory walk around the empty room before leaving. Each child has to remove their luggage and go back and check everywhere including under beds. Haven't been able to make SWMBO do this step. ;) So I do a final check once the room is clear.

Shangri-la KL had a jewellery tray in the safe. That was put to good use.

Probably avoiding the Adam Goodes war dance issue.

That was a Friday night game. Light coverage of the 5 AFL Saturday games but extended coverage of the Rugby codes. Do we really need to see the full set of 3 tries from one just match? But then they show more Rugby highlights with more full sets of tries!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back