Tier Matching at DJ - Oct 2010 [Offer closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Tier Matching at DJ

Given the reports that the offer will end of this month what you may get could be academic. Should be an interesting few months ahead!

Given the reports that the offer will end of this month what you may get could be academic.
I thought status match was happening until end of December.

Anyway if I do not get what others have got then I will simply spit the dummy and not give DJ any extra bookings....

I thought status match was happening until end of December.

Anyway if I do not get what others have got then I will simply spit the dummy and not give DJ any extra bookings....

I have heard it's time limited and the ABT article states that it ends this month!

A few more weeks to go then. I shall monitor this thread and see what is being offered to new applicants....

Hi guys.
After being matched I will now fly virgin next week for the first time. Any tips on gold benefits? Advance seat selection or anything?
M

I did this a week ago as well - sent to te admin@ email as advised but have heard nothing yet....

I did this a week ago as well - sent to te admin@ email as advised but have heard nothing yet....
japansuki,

You need to send a PM to Velocity Rewards as well which you can't do due your low post count. If you send me the PM I will forward it to Velocity Rewards for you.

I think I fall into the category of 'not for me' either. Not at this point at least.

Having VG status would actually let me to book DJ on short domestic hops. It sucks that the loyalty things messes with us like that. I'd be miserable without lounge + 737 row 4. DJ would definitely save me some money.

I can't see how with my travel patterns I'd come close to maintaining it. Also I expect to be flying well outside of DJ's partner network. Sure *most* of us might not use MA, RJ & AY, but if you're travelling for the sake of it Velocity isn't going to do me much good throughout central Europe. I would like to think they will keep the option open, especially for WP's and those who can show forward bookings. If I did work and have to do that BFOD buggery then I'd like to see some compassion.

I've also turned down a status match on NZ recently for similar reasons. Nice to know the options are there though...

What are people's expectations? Are you comparing it to the QP + QF Y experience or the whole J & J lounge package. Will be great to have some competition at the upper end of town for once.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

I"ve just read an article in today's Travel Daily refuting yesterdays claim that Velocity were currently matching QF Elites. The spokesman from DJ/Velocity has said that the source of the info seems to be from an erroneous business travel website report (or AFF?? ;))

It goes on further to say that from time to time they do have offeres wherby they match QF members status, but the current allocation had been exhausted (quote) and it's not clear when more will be made available.

So, boy am I glad I did my match when I did (even though I'm 12 months short as I did it just before the end of my memberhsip year.... :evil:).

Any insiders tell us if the article in TD is accurate, or just trying to stop a mad rush of QF elites (likely disgruntled by program "enhancements" and planes catching on fire.. ) jumping ship (or should that be plane!!)

Oz

Still trying to get the post count up to 15 so I can send a PM!
adl73x,

You have the availability to PM admin and the moderators and on several occasions through this thread markis10 and I have both offered to forward PMs to Velocity Rewards for people such as yourself with low post counts.

adl73x,

You have the availability to PM admin and the moderators and on several occasions through this thread markis10 and I have both offered to forward PMs to Velocity Rewards for people such as yourself with low post counts.

Thank you all. I did such, the PM was forwarded, and the status match was made and gratefully accepted.

So, to contribute back, I can confirm a match from NZ*GE to DJ Gold was made under the same promotion as this present olive branch to QF pax.

I"ve just read an article in today's Travel Daily refuting yesterdays claim that Velocity were currently matching QF Elites. The spokesman from DJ/Velocity has said that the source of the info seems to be from an erroneous business travel website report (or AFF?? ;))

It goes on further to say that from time to time they do have offeres wherby they match QF members status, but the current allocation had been exhausted (quote) and it's not clear when more will be made available.

So, boy am I glad I did my match when I did (even though I'm 12 months short as I did it just before the end of my memberhsip year.... :evil:).

Any insiders tell us if the article in TD is accurate, or just trying to stop a mad rush of QF elites (likely disgruntled by program "enhancements" and planes catching on fire.. ) jumping ship (or should that be plane!!)

Oz

Hi everyone,
Confirming that the status match promotion, as reported in the Australian Business Traveller and in other online forums was incorrectly represented.

The Velocity Program has previously matched Status tiers on a case by case basis to allow those that travel frequently the opportunity to experience benefits that Velocity provides Virgin Blue frequent flyers.
Because of the overwhelming demand recently, our status tier matching allocation has now been exhausted and unfortunately further claims are not able to be processed.

We may take the opportunity to review this in the future.

We'd like to take this opportunity to welcome those of you that have taken up our offer and we look forward to seeing you on board Virgin Blue, V Australia or one of our airline partners in the very near future.

Velocity Rewards values our frequent flyers and is committed to ensuring that
our Gold and Silver Status benefits and services are maintained at a premium level for our Members who have earned that Status in their own right.

Thank you for your understanding.

Please note I have modified the title of this thread to include the information that the offer has now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back