Tier Matching at DJ - Oct 2010 [Offer closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Tier Matching at DJ

/melooks around nonchalantly hoping someone will notice new 'DJ Gold' entry on my profile's FFPs.

Thanks 'Velocity rewards'.

Oooooh pretty. It makes you look taller :p

/melooks around nonchalantly hoping someone will notice new 'DJ Gold' entry
ditto!!!! :D

Got the matching through today after 2 weeks. Is it just an idea or are theWP's getting their matching quicker then us lowly SG's?

Will try to get some of my December travels on DJ now.

Thanks Velocity Rewards!

Mille

Oooooh pretty. It makes you look taller :p

Taller??? Pffft. Does my bum look big in these pants? :oops:

OzMille, I don't think status plays any part in the process, although the prospect that DJ is treating QF WP better than SGs is getting me moist :p

Do WP's who go for the status match get longer status on DJ than QF SG's via the status match?

I think that SG's are getting a great deal as they are going onto DJ's top tier, while still only middle tier on QF.

What percentage of status matchers are going to use their DJ membership as much as say their QFF membership?

Just curious :?:

What percentage of status matchers are going to use their DJ membership as much as say their QFF membership?

Depends on their individual travel patterns, but the smart ones will use it a lot.

It's a pretty open ended question. When buying flights it will depend who provides the best mix of schedule and price!

For Domestic going to do a trial couple of flights but for international DJ/Velocity is not yet an option as BKK for work usually continuing on to Europe but BKK is paramount. So joining *Alliance would be the best way for me.

Tier Matching at DJ - Process

It's a pretty open ended question. When buying flights it will depend who provides the best mix of schedule and price!

Same same for me. But schedule does allow a 50% switch to DJ for me. Depending on price.

How long does it usually take for the actual card and bag tags to arrive? Do they send those if you are tier matched? :confused:

Mille

How long does it usually take for the actual card and bag tags to arrive? Do they send those if you are tier matched? :confused:

Mille

They’re not quick, but both the card and tags are embossed and are of a high quality. Expect 2 weeks minimum.

Had my first DJ flight and experience of 'The Lounge' since being status matched to gold. Very enjoyable experience. It was nice to enter a lounge and choose where I wanted to sit and it was quiet. Thank you to Velocity Rewards on this site for the attention to make this happen. Now bring on the new business class product. Received an email from velocity today to say my new gold card and tags would be received within 7 working days.:D

Do WP's who go for the status match get longer status on DJ than QF SG's via the status match?

I think that SG's are getting a great deal as they are going onto DJ's top tier, while still only middle tier on QF.
DJ status match in accordance with their own program dates. ie my DJ year finishes on 31 Dec so I got the balance of this year and all of next year plus two months. (29 Feb 2012)
I hope that makes sense. :confused:

Well I sent mine in today.

This would sure make it easier with our BFOTD policy. I won't have to spend so much time manipulating my arrival times;).

I am going to re qualify SG before next June anyway (190 SC to go), so I can now share the love.

Has anyone been rejected?

They’re not quick, but both the card and tags are embossed and are of a high quality. Expect 2 weeks minimum.

2 weeks is not too bad. Both mine and my partners Status matches were completed about 2 weeks ago (thanks Velocity Rewards!! ;) ) but have not yet received the cards. No biggy, as I'm sure they're on the way. Both of us are flying DJ in the next week, will we have any issues getting into the lounge or is our status printed on our boarding cards? (last time I flew DJ Velocity didn't exist!!)

With regards to earlier question posed by jdevereux3 re how much are we going to use our newfound shiny DJ memberships? I'm thinking probably quite alot. My company has moved to a BFOD policy, and that almost always mean DJ. Also, I'm pretty much over QF at the moment, and after the way they handled (or didn't) a recent complaint I raised with them following a shambolic trip in J, I'm seriously thinking about VA/EY combo for our trip to Europe next year.. That alone should almost requalify us for Gold!! Woohoo...

That would firmly justify the virgin in my nickname ...

Ozvirginuk... :)

Just submitted my request, along with a request to expedite - we'll see if they're flexible enough to do something before a flight to DPS on Wednesday.

Not that I expect any airline to manage that, but I will be favourably impressed if they manage it!

Danny

Tier Matching at DJ - Process

I haven't applied for a status match and probably won't . There's no Lounge in NTL and I don't do enough domestic flying. My WP status comes from long-haul J mostly on QF so unless DJ join * Alliance I can't see it being of any real use to me.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

For me, assuming I am happy with the service provided, it'll change my travel patterns from 'QF unless I absolutely have to' to 'whatever works best between DJ/VA and QF'. It's already scored them one booking that probably would have gone to QF otherwise...

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back