Tier Matching at DJ - Oct 2010 [Offer closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tier Matching at DJ - Process

Is this something we can tell everybody we know to do or is something DJ may decide to stop doing any moment now?

They're not Qantas, ya know .. "enhancement" probably has a different meaning for them ;)

Um, maybe enjoy the relative serenity of the lounges before everyone else finds out and they become over-crowded like the QPs?

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

re: Tier Matching at DJ

Is this something we can tell everybody we know to do or is something DJ may decide to stop doing any moment now?

Likewise (as above), I’d experience the lounge and the service for yourself before blabbing to everyone under the sun that it’s there, after all, you might look like a fool if things don’t go well (not that I think that, on the contrary I think the service is good), but also, the lounges are relatively ambient now, they wont be if everyone can get in… then there’s little point?

Unlike QF the lounge is available on a pay per use basis, I dont think its that big a secret and or likely to be overused regardless, I would spread the word while the offer is available, empowering the competition makes things better for all.

A little OT, but recently I didn't requalify for Velocity gold, and because of financial pressures etc on the company flights dropped off dramatically. I fell to less than what would qualify for silver, but Velocity sent me a silver card (after being at gold for 2 years previously), so I dropped in status, and that kept me quite happy.

Well, flights have fired up again, and my flying starts again on November 8, and guess who I am flying again...DJ, and hope to ramp up to Gold as quickly as I did previously.

I also get the choice of who I fly with at my new employer, and DJ was top of my list.

I will miss the lounge for a little while until I re-qualify, but hopefully I will get back up to where I belong :)

Well, that was super fast and easy (matched within a couple of hours!). Big thank you to Velocity Rewards :)

+1
Can we get an answer on that 1 please Velocity Rewards?
I will get a DJ Status match, but really want to leave it as late as possible.

+1
Can we get an answer on that 1 please Velocity Rewards?
I will get a DJ Status match, but really want to leave it as late as possible.

I have heard unofficially from another AFF member that it wont see in the new year, but things can change.

I have heard unofficially from another AFF member that it wont see in the new year, but things can change.

Trust me, when DJ actually get around to implementing their changes to move upmarket the status match (official or unofficial) will come back in a heartbeat. They will do almost anything to get more higher yielding / frequent flyer.

There is no rush. When they put in their shiny new J seats they'll be desperate to fill them. Talk to the right person then and I guarantee you'll get a match :)

Personally it annoys me a bit they are handing them out.... I totally get the rationale but as a person who has actually flown to attain Gold it bites... a bit! Also DJ when they sign up corporate clients pretty much put anything on the table. A SME my mate works at got 25 people put straight onto Gold. The company was asked not to really talk about it as it would 'devalue the status of DJ Gold'.... no kidding!!

Trust me, when DJ actually get around to implementing their changes to move upmarket the status match (official or unofficial) will come back in a heartbeat. They will do almost anything to get more higher yielding / frequent flyer.

I dont share your optimism simply because the ACCC exclusive dealing authorisation for their tier matching is about to run out from memory.

Tier Matching at DJ - Process

I dont share your optimism simply because the ACCC exclusive dealing authorisation for their tier matching is about to run out from memory.

They will do it again. There are numerous ways to do it.

Batesy and Mrs Batesy now gold. Thanks Velocity, great stuff!!

I emailed scan's of my QF Gold card and VB Velocity card over 2.5 weeks now and still no response. I wonder if they're still doing it?

I emailed scan's of my QF Gold card and VB Velocity card over 2.5 weeks now and still no response. I wonder if they're still doing it?

I sent mine Thursday night and it was done Friday.

Will probably try them out in a few weeks, although I might wait until there's clarity around a PE/J product before giving DJ a real try (my status match was until Jul 2012).

PM velocity awards the velocity membership number and your email address you used to send the email.

Does anyone have any experience of Velocity matching QF Silver? I'm switching to DJ and would like to, if possible, retain a silver level for the year (my membership year ends at 30 Nov). I had a look but couldnt see anything.

Does anyone have any experience of Velocity matching QF Silver? I'm switching to DJ and would like to, if possible, retain a silver level for the year (my membership year ends at 30 Nov). I had a look but couldnt see anything.

As above, PM Velocity Rewards, you’ll find them posting in this thread, and they’ll give you an answer.

Thanks guys, I PM'ed "Velocity Rewards" and I think he's looking into it.

I've just been reading through this thread and am very happy to find out about this status matching.
My work has started sending us on DJ more often for Pilbara flights and the only real disadvantage on our short flights QF has been from going back to nothing status and the lower luggage weight limits.
I'll try emailing and PMing now and hopefully all will go well.

Thanks!

/melooks around nonchalantly hoping someone will notice new 'DJ Gold' entry on my profile's FFPs.

Thanks 'Velocity rewards'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back