Tier Matching at DJ - Oct 2010 [Offer closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Tier Matching at DJ

I was matched late October and received my pack today. I like the baggage tags with your name and number printed on there :)

At least you all have been matched. I applied before the offer was closed, got an email asking for additional details, and had a pm kindly sent by straitman, but still nothing...

At least you all have been matched. I applied before the offer was closed, got an email asking for additional details, and had a pm kindly sent by straitman, but still nothing...

Was the offer of matching Velocity Gold to QF gold and platinum members guaranteed or was Virgin going to be selective as to which QF members would get status match?

I've spoken too soon... just got an email confirming my Gold Membership upgrade!

Now, off to booking my first flights on DJ.

Thanks, AFF!

Last edited:

My wife's package arrived today also.

Interestingly enough she got two separate packages. One with a card and two baggage tags and another with just a card. :confused: :shock:

Mine arrived yesterday also, coming from a early-mid November status match. Interesting the way they position it as "congratulations on maintaining your gold status" rather than welcome to gold.

Card and bags look pretty smart I think.

Looking forward to trying DJ as a Gold FF in the new year, once I'm through my next two months of QF / One World flights.

Zeit

My wife's package arrived today also.

Interestingly enough she got two separate packages. One with a card and two baggage tags and another with just a card. :confused: :shock:

Exactly the same here. Was wondering why there were 3 golden envelopes in the letterbox but the mrs. received two cards... weird weird

Mille

I received two cards as well. One had a covering letter as"Welcome to Gold" with two luggage tags, the other had a Gold "Renewal" letter.

I note my velocity account online shows two recent "Status Review" entries. I did do both email and PM.

Just the one card and 2 bag tags for me. The card is quite nice.

Came with the renewal letter as well.

Time to start using DJ next year now! Hope the A330 does MEL-PER regularly as that'll swing all my domestic traffic to DJ for 12 months in place of QF (Unlikely to swing my international over just yet, although VA may be worth a try).

Time to start using DJ next year now! Hope the A330 does MEL-PER regularly as that'll swing all my domestic traffic to DJ for 12 months in place of QF (Unlikely to swing my international over just yet, although VA may be worth a try).

From what I can make of what has been said, the first two A330's will be used primarily on SYD-PER, while the second pair, in 2012, will be used to add MEL-PER to the mix.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

One card and two bag tags arrived for me this week - in separate envelopes. :lol:

From what I can make of what has been said, the first two A330's will be used primarily on SYD-PER, while the second pair, in 2012, will be used to add MEL-PER to the mix.

Bugger. Gold runs out in Feb 2012.

Maybe MEL-SYD-PER then :)

Was the offer of matching Velocity Gold to QF gold and platinum members guaranteed or was Virgin going to be selective as to which QF members would get status match?
I believe QF Platinum and Gold were to be matched to Velocity Gold upon request and then providing proof of QF status.

Mine arrived in the post yeaterday. Only the one envelope stating renewal.

Mine arrived in the post yeaterday. Only the one envelope stating renewal.

Same. There're three dates on the card. There's a member since date (I think?, don't have the card here with me), a review date, and a benefit expiry date.

Same. There're three dates on the card. There's a member since date (I think?, don't have the card here with me), a review date, and a benefit expiry date.

That's the one. Member Since - Review Date - Benefits Expire.

The Member and Review date have the same month, Sept 2012 (different year obviously), and my Benefits expire Nov 2012. Fair bit of time to make use it!

Mine came yesterday as well.

I like the embossed luggage tags :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

• NM
    Enthusiast
Back