Tier Matching at DJ - Oct 2010 [Offer closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Tier Matching at DJ

Maybe that's why they closed it early, at the rate they take care of the back log it will be the end of November anyway.

Maybe it's the 17 football teams they need to upgrade :shock: That would have created a back log!

FWIW, my comp was for the remainder of my current DJ "Year" and another year + 2 months. My DJ "Year" by chance happens to match my QF year: :cool:

So I've got plenty of time to check out new products ...

Yes! I got GOLD - very generous until June 2012! Looks like Qantas has met it's match!

Has anyone received their card yet? It has been a month since my match went through, but nothing in the mail.

Has anyone received their card yet? It has been a month since my match went through, but nothing in the mail.

Yeah I received my shiny new card within about 3 weeks of the status match. That was earlier on though, so things may have slowed down if there was a last minute rush.

One nice touch is the luggage tags are embossed with your Velocity number and name - possibly that's why it takes a little longer than QF do to send new cards out.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Tier Matching at DJ - Process [Offer closed]

Mine arrived some time in the last few weeks and my status match was on 21st October.

Sent from my iPhone using AFF Mobile

Not completely closed, it seems!

I sent an email to DJ right before this offer died. DJ replied today, out of the blue, asking:

* Name
* Current QF status
* Contact number
* Contact email
* Velocity number
* Company name
* Job title / position in the company

Plus a scanned copy of my gold QF card. The email said it would take about 7 working days for the application to be processed and for the DJ card to show up in the mail.

Not completely closed, it seems!

I sent an email to DJ right before this offer died. DJ replied today, out of the blue, asking:

* Name
* Current QF status
* Contact number
* Contact email
* Velocity number
* Company name
* Job title / position in the company

Plus a scanned copy of my gold QF card. The email said it would take about 7 working days for the application to be processed and for the DJ card to show up in the mail.

I got such email yesterday after applying for Gold on 11/11. Replied and looking forward to receiving card. May encourage me to fly Virgin.

I was comp'd gold a few weeks back but am yet to receive my card.

Does status get printed on your boarding pass because I'll be flying on Wed?

VR GOLD VIRGINWORLD SAPH DJxx_xx_xx_x? :cool:

I did OLCI and it prints a lounge entry barcode, and at the top has:

Velocity Number: 1234567890 Gold

I would check "My Account" on Velocity homepage, online. If that shows Gold, you're set. I just checked mine and the status is still Red. Expect that to change over the next week.

As Sam said, the boarding pass shows your profile status. So long as your profile (see foreigner's comments) shows your Gold status then all is OK.

Today, I got this email:

Membership number: xx_xx_xx

Dear xx_xx_xx

Thank you for your enquiry regarding the Tier Match Request.

We have already passed your information to the right department, who will endeavor to respond to you as soon as possible. We really appreciate your patience while we sort this out for you.

If we can be of any further help, please feel free to drop us a line at this email address, or call the number below.

Kind regards,

xx_xx
The Velocity Team

You can contact us by calling our Membership Centre on one of the numbers below, during the hours 8am-8pm Monday to Friday (Sydney time):
T (Aus): 131 875,
T (NZ): 0800 230 875
T (Other International Locations): +61 2 8667 5924

I guess they are still processing earlier requests.

When did you put in a request for tier matching? The offer is supposed to be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back