Tier Matching at DJ - Oct 2010 [Offer closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Tier Matching at DJ

10th November 2010
It should not really take that long.

Perhaps one of the moderators can send a PM to Velocity Rewards who may be able to speed up your request.

It should not really take that long.

Perhaps one of the moderators can send a PM to Velocity Rewards who may be able to speed up your request.
I offered to do this for gbetox but he has not responded to my PM.

I spoke too soon. Message has been forwarded.

I was comped at the end of October but am still waiting for the new card and bag tags... Anybody else did not receive them yet?

I was comped at the end of October but am still waiting for the new card and bag tags... Anybody else did not receive them yet?
I was comped around the 10th Nov; no paraphernalia as yet ...

I was comped around the 10th Nov; no paraphernalia as yet ...

Hmmm, thats very odd :?:

I qualified for gold again on the 31st of October and my new card came out within the week :confused:

Strange... Keep us posted

Last edited:

I have not got my cards nor has Mrs Batesy and we were goldified in very early November.

No card/package here either. Satus was matched mid November.

November 10th and no package. Though it seems because there were so many of us, there's a backlog. Nevermind -- such a generous offer I can wait a little more!

I was status matched on the 4th November and nothing arrived for me yet either. No big problem.;)

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Also matched early November, no card yet. No bother, as long as it comes eventually. Malev currently hold my personal record of 5 months from status to card.

Seeing that the status clearly prints on most boarding passes and lounge entry is verified it's all sweet. However I am booking a VA + Etihad trip to Europe and I expect not having the card might be an issue there - but they have until August to sort it out!

Do the gold bag tags result in any form of priority from a baggage point of view? I understand its not documented, but just wondering if it makes a difference. Based on QF experience, priority tags dont make much difference anyway!

Having used CBR, SYD and MEL lounges for the first time last weekend, it was like entering a parallel (and remarkably empty) universe compared to the QF clubs. I particularly liked the make your own sandwich options for lunch - much better than the soup and dreaded camembert cheese that QF have been serving forever.

Also matched early November, no card yet. No bother, as long as it comes eventually. Malev currently hold my personal record of 5 months from status to card.

Hilton kinda of weirded me out. I got a status match to HHonors VIP Gold (long story) and my Gold card arrived. I never got my original 'blue' card.

I won't keep Gold next year, but I have easily kept silver. Wonder how long that one takes to come out:)

Do the gold bag tags result in any form of priority from a baggage point of view? I understand its not documented, but just wondering if it makes a difference.
On DJ; currently no priority handling - so tags don't make a difference.

On VA; Velocity Gold (travelling in any class) are likely to get International Business Class bag tags, which do make a difference on International flights.
DJ-gold-bagtag.jpg

I was also matched quite early and rang about my card. They gave me a date they sent it. I originally had an old address in my account, so I updated it and apologised and asked them to resend, which they kindly agreed to.

Rang again a couple of weeks later and they again gave me an exact date the card was sent and read out my (correct) address. Still hasn't arrived.

Ah well, nothing actually booked yet, though I'll probably use them to Perth in early Jan. So long as my boarding pass has it right, I'll be happy.

I was also matched quite early and rang about my card. They gave me a date they sent it. I originally had an old address in my account, so I updated it and apologised and asked them to resend, which they kindly agreed to.

Rang again a couple of weeks later and they again gave me an exact date the card was sent and read out my (correct) address. Still hasn't arrived.

Ah well, nothing actually booked yet, though I'll probably use them to Perth in early Jan. So long as my boarding pass has it right, I'll be happy.
Check your profile online and if it is correct then the BP will be correct.

AS I posted earlier my card and package took about 4-5 weeks to arrive.

Matched on 12th November, nothing yet. I'm planning on moving my travel to DJ next year for all but my PER trips, so would be nice to have it by January :)

My postal address hasn't changed in years, and the online profile is fine (my PO Box).

Matched on 12th November, nothing yet. I'm planning on moving my travel to DJ next year for all but my PER trips, so would be nice to have it by January :)

My postal address hasn't changed in years, and the online profile is fine (my PO Box).

Is that because QF ends up giving better pricing on the PER trips? :confused:

Is that because QF ends up giving better pricing on the PER trips? :confused:

No it's because I refuse to spend over 2 hours in a 737 if im not 'up the front'. I could not cope with the hard-as-rock seats (although they seem quite happy to give Gold's exit rows).

I'm seriously hoping the A330 will bring new seating and some more comfort. Hopefully the old advertising driven flights will go and some complimentary beverages will flow (heck, even water would be a good start). I also like to get up and stroll around. Dual aisle a/c make it much easier to do this without worrying about being boxed in somewhere due to 'traffic in the aisles'. PER unfortunately is probably my biggest flown segment overall domestically, with around 12 flights to/from PER a year. If the proposed DJ changes are good, i'll happily swap over to them, price dependent :)

My Velocity Gold pack arrived this morning following a November status match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back