What cheeses me off

Given my mood today, it was tempting...

Also, people who get in the lift then stand in front of the buttons, and are surprised to find they are in your way 🤦‍♀️
People who stand right outside of the lift doors and even try to enter as you are trying to exit. Alright, people who stand outside of any opening doors hoping to get in before you get out.

People who stand right outside of the lift doors and even try to enter as you are trying to exit. Alright, people who stand outside of any opening doors hoping to get in before you get out.
People who stand right behind you in the shop where you are looking at something and don't say a word, but expect you to know that they are there and want to get past you.

Having to go to the bank with cap in hand only to discover the reduction in interest rate of 0.5% for all the loans was immediately approved no questions asked except to confirm identity.

Cant they just give me the best rate?. All that "youve been a loyal customer" yadayada and I still have to ring up...

Last edited:
Given my mood today, it was tempting...

Also, people who get in the lift then stand in front of the buttons, and are surprised to find they are in your way 🤦‍♀️
Like a group of people who get into a hotel lift and the doors close then open 3 mins later on the same floor because they were too interested in chatting that no one pressed the buttons.

I have serious issues with whomever invented the speakerphone allowing folk to share their content or call with the whole lounge
Play with their minds. Take notes of what they are saying, and guessing what the other party is saying, and write down what you think is the solution to their problem (after all they're sharing it with everyone) and drop the note in front of them as you walk past. Gets them every time.
The best fun I had some years ago now at the Canberra QP, where a lady was talking to her IT section and I was able to work out all the log in information including password. I dropped that note into her lap and she was most indignant that I had listened in. I should have signed the note, "Thanks from Boris at the Russian Embassy", but I wasn't quick enough

Supermarket opening hours in SA are just downright annoying.

I've decided to lobby my local MP for extended supermarket trading hours and alcohol in supermarkets in SA. I know I won't get anywhere but I'm going to annoy the hell out of him
Malinauskas when Shop and Allied Trade workers secretary used to work in our office block on Fullarton Road. Sadly he has rewound back the freedom to shop on Public Holidays. It's not at though the same workers are forced to work the extra days and with no bonus payments.
Post automatically merged:

Saturday close at 5pm. Sunday 11 to 5. Weekdays close at 9pm
And closed on all public holidays.
Post automatically merged:

And they act so surprised there could possibly be someone in the lift trying to get out.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Main reason to pick the JL option for me would be if you had oneworld Emerald and could use the Melbourne FLounge. IIRC the lounge CI uses is Marhaba in Melbourne and it's not very good.

The FLounge is undoubtedly a good start, but it is not a guarantee of an enjoyable journey!
I don't know why I expected any different from an off airport long term parking place but they are closed Christmas Day

Really, where is this, John? I know many people who like to travel on Christmas day, and it gets them out of all sorts of awkward family matters!

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back