Will Qantas have a March 2023 double status credit promotion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m seriously considering purchasing something in that sale… 😳
I searched in my inbox for old sales and found what I was after, in late 2019, QF had a SYD - HKG sale for AUD 478 return per person (we bought 2 tickets for a wedding, and then well we know what happened in early 2020) while today‘s sale had the same route for almost AUD 1,200 return per person…

Edit: Talking about QF127/128 - seems that QF has now relaunched it. Haven’t seen much discussion.

Last edited:
I’m seriously considering purchasing something in that sale… 😳
Just dropped $13k for two J tix QF metal SYD-YVR // AA metal YUL-ORD-LAX-SYD later in the year. All QF codes for 500 SCs each (would have be a nice DSC earner if AA codeshares counted!).

Edit: those looking at the ”Sale”, try thinking outside the box. eg SYD-YVR (return) can also include open jaw itineraries returning from somewhere other than YVR. Some options were booking into whY for a connection back through LAX but we scored F.

Last edited:
I did wonder if the timing mid-week was to do with peak demand for booking comes on weekends when people aren’t working weekdays 9-5 or involved in school runs etc. and having plenty of free time to do so?
I doubt it to be honest. Peak booking windows might be weekends (or at least out of business hours) for leisure travel, but corporate travel would be booked during business hours..

Really though QF is a 24/7 business... so outage windows are always going to be problematic in one way or another - specially for the longer ones.

Currently planning NZ for 2nd half of April, so fingers crossed!
That ought to be safe if it lands soon. I’m kind of hoping it doesn’t cover the period I just booked later this year 😳

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Travel window?
I'm torn, part of me wants to say June 30 to realise revenue this financial year, but I feel like it will be end of year for those who didn't get the extra 6 months of free status extension.

Currently planning NZ for 2nd half of April, so fingers crossed!
I think if one does happen you're pretty safe. The question is how long you're willing to wait for it to happen!

I'm torn, part of me wants to say June 30 to realise revenue this financial year, but I feel like it will be end of year for those who didn't get the extra 6 months of free status extension

June 30th FF anniversary were last to get status extension, those like me who have July 31 anniversary have had to earn our status for next year by flying, i want a dsc asap so i can work out how to retain again next ff year. June is too late to wait to book August and September 23 travel.

Last edited:
Being in September myself, I feel the same. Currently due to renew SG this year but I think DSC would make a run for WP possible for the first time.

Being in September myself, I feel the same. Currently due to renew SG this year but I think DSC would make a run for WP possible for the first time.

Im doing that now, and on track to get there by end Aoril. So DSC will be only way for me to reatin it again next year given no work flying for me anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back