Australian Reports of the Virus Spread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully never! 😂. I do believe in Murphy’s law though and plan for contingency. And SA Police has this stupid notion that being in an airport for transit is the same as staying in a place overnight.
Seeing as there may be up to about 150 passengers en-route to ADL, should there be such a diversion, perhaps you would all stay on board in MEL and then continue on. Or, there may be a special exemption granted if temporarily off-loaded.

Something akin to the chances of winning the lottery maybe. 😉

Today's Vic DHHS Report:
My bolding

Media release
25 July 2020

Victoria has recorded 357 new cases of coronavirus since yesterday, with the total number of cases now at 7,744.
The overall total has increased by 339, with 18 cases reclassified – largely due to duplication.

Within Victoria, 37 of the new cases are linked to outbreaks or complex cases and 320 are under investigation.

There have been five new deaths from COVID-19 reported since yesterday. They were four women in their 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s and one man in his 80s. Three of the deaths are linked to aged care facilities. To date, 61 people have died from coronavirus in Victoria.

In Victoria at the current time:

• 1,205 cases may indicate community transmission
  • 3,995 cases are currently active in Victoria
  • 229 cases of coronavirus are in hospital, including 42 in intensive care
  • 3,529 people have recovered from the virus
  • Of the total cases, 7,168 cases are from metropolitan Melbourne, while 437 are from regional Victoria
  • Total cases include 3,755 men and 3,877 women
  • More than 1,457,546 tests have been processed
  • Total number of healthcare workers: 622, active cases: 312
  • 536 cases are linked to 38 aged care sites with active outbreaks
Cases currently linked to public housing in North Melbourne, Flemington and Carlton are as follows:
  • 300 cases are residents of various public housing towers in North Melbourne and Flemington. Investigations are continuing into how these cases are linked.
  • 66 cases are residents of various public housing towers in Carlton. Investigations are continuing into if and/or how these cases are linked.
Cases currently linked to key outbreaks are as follows:
  • 183 cases have been linked to Al-Taqwa College
  • 74 cases have been linked to St Basil’s Homes for the Aged in Fawkner
  • 71 cases have been linked to Estia Health in Ardeer
  • 60 cases have been linked to Menarock Life Aged Care in Essendon
  • 44 cases have been linked to Estia Health in Heidelberg
  • 49 cases have been linked to Glendale Aged care facility in Werribee
  • 23 cases have been linked to Baptcare Wyndham Lodge in Werribbee
  • 22 cases have been linked to Regis Aged Care in Brighton
  • 80 cases have been linked to Somerville Retail Services in Tottenham
  • 45 cases have been linked to Australian Lamb Company in Colac
  • 21 have been linked to the Woolworths distributions centre in Mulgrave
  • 10 cases have been linked to StarTrack in Laverton
  • 7 cases have been linked to Bingo Recycling in West Melbourne
  • 5 cases have been linked to staff at KFC Truganina
  • 5 cases have been linked to Probe Group in Melbourne CBD
  • 2 cases have been linked to Grand Chancellor Hotel site in Melbourne
  • 2 cases have been linked to D’Orsogna Meats in Mickleham
Single cases in staff members have been identified in two new aged care homes: Martin Luther Homes in The Basin, and Bupa Traralgon.

Four cases have been linked to the Catholic Regional College in Sydenham. The school is closed for cleaning and contact tracing is under way.

Tas Premier recently announced lifting of travel restrictions from SA, WA and NT. So what does the QLD deputy Premier say?

Steven Miles, who is also Queensland’s Health Minister, was asked on Saturday if he was disappointed Premier Peter Gutwein did not include his state in Tasmania’s first travel bubble phase.

Mr Miles quipped “we don’t need any kind of travel bubble with Tasmania”.

“I don’t see any reason why anyone would want to go to Tassie,” he said.

“We’ve got lots of fantastic parts of Queensland to visit and I know that lots of Queenslanders are doing that right now.

Has he heard of people who want to travel for family, funeral, wedding etc reasons? Apparently not. Complete (half)-wit.

I wonder what happened to the last guy that made a smart-cough comment like that?

“I don’t want to be offensive to South Australians but why would you want to go there?” he said at a Wednesday media conference when asked about SA’s lifting of border restrictions.

Step forward, Victoria's Dan Andrews. How's it gone, Dan? (With apologies to the people of Victoria who have had to suffer.)

Pride goeth before the fall ...

Last edited:
New cases today in LGA's outside of restricted LGA's.

Greater Geelong 1
Colac Otway 3
Ballarat 1
Macedon Ranges 2
Moorabool 3
Horsham 2
Glenelg 2

And SA Police has this stupid notion that being in an airport for transit is the same as staying in a place overnight.

The UK has the same measure, so for example if you were travelling back to the UK on QR you pass through Qatar which isn't a country on the excluded from quarantine list and therefore have to self isolate for 14 days on arrival.

Tas Premier recently announced lifting of travel restrictions from SA, WA and NT. So what does the QLD deputy Premier say?

Steven Miles, who is also Queensland’s Health Minister, was asked on Saturday if he was disappointed Premier Peter Gutwein did not include his state in Tasmania’s first travel bubble phase.

Pride goeth before the fall ...
The last person to utter such words was Dan Andrews 🧐
Post automatically merged:

The UK has the same measure, so for example if you were travelling back to the UK on QR you pass through Qatar which isn't a country on the excluded from quarantine list and therefore have to self isolate for 14 days on arrival.
Thanks. I take it Dubai has the same issue meaning that Aussies will always need to isolate for 14 days. Shouldnt be an issue. But good to know.

In the case of SA, as SA residents, we arent even given the chance to self iso in SA, if we come from Victoria, we simply are not allowed to go home, period, nor even isolate in a hotel.

For Thai Rock, there was a staff member but with the cluster so large I’m curious was it in the kitchen or front of house staff.

Don't think that's been stated.
Were already at 2nd and 3rd hand transmission from that site, with the newest worry being the Out Lady of Lebanon church and various Catholic schools through a couple of families.

I live near the 2nd branch of the family owned Thai Rock. On my local FB page this was posted - there has been a lot of stuff in the Sydney media

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

HappyFlyerFamily said:
For Thai Rock, there was a staff member but with the cluster so large I’m curious was it in the kitchen or front of house staff.

Don't think that's been stated.
I can’t remember where I saw it first at the time but I feel it was definitely reported.

I just did a google search and found this article

But if I’m wrong, I’m wrong

HappyFlyerFamily said:

I can’t remember where I saw it first at the time but I feel it was definitely reported.

I just did a google search and found this article

But if I’m wrong, I’m wrong
Well that report says the worker at the Thai Rock developed symptoms 5 days after at least one Covid positive person visited the restaurant.She probably therefore got it from a customer.

Well that report says the worker at the Thai Rock developed symptoms 5 days after at least one Covid positive person visited the restaurant.She probably therefore got it from a customer.
I didn’t read that implication in the linked report but if true then front of house has more interaction with customers.

I was concerned if it’s kitchen then is there a new way of COVID risk in the packaging of takeaway food or something. It would put takeaway and delivery many would be doing now under the microscope. Probably imagining too much...sigh

“I don’t see any reason why anyone would want to go to Tassie,” he said.

“We’ve got lots of fantastic parts of Queensland to visit and I know that lots of Queenslanders are doing that right now.

Has he heard of people who want to travel for family, funeral, wedding etc reasons? Apparently not. Complete (half)-wit.

I apologise on behalf of Queenslanders (again), know that this is not representative of a majority of us. Very embarrassing...

Clearly this simple spokesperson is a little bit put out that another state has done to us, what we’ve been doing to other states and suddenly doesn’t like the taste of their own medicine....

Sadly, this doesn't surprise me one iota.

Just one more reason why I have no intention of ever going into a nursing home.

Its all about money and budgets and stuff the "inmates"

Agree. It is a very complex situation. I have posted here many many times i am never going into a nursing home. I was actually in a way angry when my mother chose to enter one as i didnt even want to set foot in one. But i had to reconcile there wasnt much choice given her health. But these days the emphasis is very much on providing full support for people in their own homes. That is the only way to go for the current "boomer" generation.

One of our clients is in this industry and lets say it will be a very challenging few years ahead for them. Already is. If its any consolation even those homes not impacted are feeling an awful burden right now. There are no "winners" here.

This aged care situation is dire, just feel so saddened for these helpless people who just know they are going to potentially die.
Sounds like Victoria expecting another mid to high day in the 400’s and I’d suspect many of those are in the aged care facilities

NSW Health reports

14 new cases today
- 6 related to Thai Rock
- 4 related to funeral services
- 3 from overseas arrivals quarantine
- 1 under investigation

Covid live reporting 456 cases
Just saw that - they just aren’t getting anywhere :(. I went and read Andrews Facebook post and read some of the comments underneath. Way too many people saying the lockdown was junk and they should just let the virus run it’s course :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

Back