Bankwest Transaction account [General Discussion]

I got a phone call this morning from Sydney Water from someone in operations. The transactions I put through caused their system to crash last night. Apparently 1000 is the maximum it can cope with so now they have to apply them manually. I told them it was just an IT issue but they have asked me not to make any more payments.

Sounds like a badly designed system but still I'm not going to do any more.

I got a phone call this morning from Sydney Water from someone in operations. The transactions I put through caused their system to crash last night. Apparently 1000 is the maximum it can cope with so now they have to apply them manually. I told them it was just an IT issue but they have asked me not to make any more payments.

Sounds like a badly designed system but still I'm not going to do any more.

Dare I ask how your doing 1000 transactions?

Card has 50/day limit does it not?

I think Dave means 1,000 payments on the account in total, not 1,000 payments in a day.

Anyone get through their 50 transactions via Optus today? I got through 20 transactions via my standard macro that has worked for last few months, before getting errors again :(

Same problem here. First 20 (at 3:30am and 6:30am) worked fine. Unable to do another 10 at either 10:30am or 4:30pm.

It would be a real pain if Optus introduced a limit of just 20 payments per account per day.

Dare I ask how your doing 1000 transactions?

Card has 50/day limit does it not?

Yes each card has 50 per day I'm doing 150 per day on my family's cards, split between Optus and Sydney Water so after 7 days it breaks the SW limit. Optus failing on the same day isn't good for me... Never thought I'd look to change to a more expensive phone plan but seriously considering it!

I have the Plat version of this card. Just want to let you guys know that I haven't been charged the monthly fee having deposited more than $2K but less than $4K each month.

Has anyone here who opened the account for the 10k promo received the first 5k lot? We have an account opened in December, deposit and spent criteria met each month for 3 months, but 5k still not credited. T&C says 'may take upto 60 days', just wondering if anyone has recent experience of how long it really takes for the promo points to appear.

I can't get any Optus payments through today :(

I might consider Origin Energy but with only a small electricity bill, I'll probably only make 5 payments a day

Do you do the default replay speed (fast), or did you adjust it to be slower?

I have the macro fill out the form and make the first payment then I have a "wait 2 seconds" line followed by a "refresh" line. Then I've just copied those last two lines 50 times. Crude but works.

Multiple Optus payments failing today. Telstra payments not working. It's armageddon!

Edit:

Oops. Spoke too soon. Telstra working again.

How soon before psychologists have a name for addiction to earning Qantas Frequent Flyer points?

Last edited:

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back