Bankwest Transaction account [General Discussion]

something is deffinately up with virgin mobile.
it hasnt accepted any payments today at all. last lot i got through was Monday morning. Tried a 1c payment with another credit card and it was fine. Also tried a 1c payment to telstra from the bankwest card and it worked fine.

Would it be possible for virgin to block a payment from a specific card? I think this may be what has happened.

Would it be possible for virgin to block a payment from a specific card? I think this may be what has happened.
Entirely possible. Energy Australia using Virgin Money has minimum payment of $1. Others on this thread reporting different minimums for Bankwest.

RE: Virgin mobile. Got 10 transactions through on mrs jetcam's card this morning then nothing. none have been accepted on my card today.
Seems they have gone down the Optus route.

RE: Virgin mobile. Got 10 transactions through on mrs jetcam's card this morning then nothing. none have been accepted on my card today.
Seems they have gone down the Optus route.

Optus is also counting failed attempts in the 10 transactions.
Would be worth not trying any cards for 24 hours.
Then you will know if your card is banned from Virgin mobile.

Has anyone tried paying for QBE insurance via Post Billpay using their BW debit card?

I've worked out it won't accept 1¢ payments, only 5¢ or higher.

I wonder if it would all end in tears if I paid the whole bill, 5¢ at a time.

Don't really want to coughk around with it. It is insurance after all!

Has anyone tried paying for QBE insurance via Post Billpay using their BW debit card?

I've worked out it won't accept 1¢ payments, only 5¢ or higher.

I wonder if it would all end in tears if I paid the whole bill, 5¢ at a time.

Don't really want to coughk around with it. It is insurance after all!

Please don't do this with Post BillPay - the Biller will come down on you HARD.. Aust Post charge a fortune for that service...

There is more than one insurance company in Australia?

Yea there could be 50 for all we know, but all that would matter is QBE are the ones insuring him, he's paying for his premiums at $0.05 and what if they then say, hey, we're not ensuring you because you were abusing our system? Then they could tell him to piss off (potentially). That's his concern.. lol

Yea there could be 50 for all we know, but all that would matter is QBE are the ones insuring him, he's paying for his premiums at $0.05 and what if they then say, hey, we're not ensuring you because you were abusing our system? Then they could tell him to piss off (potentially). That's his concern.. lol

Yes, I do understand that but it's not as if he can't move. So equally he could also tell them to piss off.

This comment is equally true of people paying utilities in the manner, yes they could get pissed off and tell us to leave. But the evidence to date suggest this is a low likelihood, but yes possible. Most don't seem overly concerned, perhaps on the basis they know there are other utility companies out there.

Is anyone using the card to pay the ATO?

$1 minimum payments can be made on the myGov website. A $3 payment results in a $0.01 ATO card payment fee, which for some non-Telstra types (I'm one) may be attractive.

But - I have failed dismally at getting an imacros script to work to pay it, on either myGov or the Government EasyPay website.

NC

Is anyone using the card to pay the ATO?

$1 minimum payments can be made on the myGov website. A $3 payment results in a $0.01 ATO card payment fee, which for some non-Telstra types (I'm one) may be attractive.

But - I have failed dismally at getting an imacros script to work to pay it, on either myGov or the Government EasyPay website.

NC

Would anyone be concerned about paying a tax bill a few dollars at a time? I've got a few thousand to pay soon but whilst Telstra is one thing, I worry that the ATO may be a bridge too far!

Would anyone be concerned about paying a tax bill a few dollars at a time? I've got a few thousand to pay soon but whilst Telstra is one thing, I worry that the ATO may be a bridge too far!

I doubt the ATO are going to reject you as a customer. :D

Anyone getting an error running their iMacros script for a particularly popular telco today? Worked fine up until today where I'm getting Error code -933??

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back