The totally off-topic thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The passing of Alan Bond reminds me that folks should have their legal papers in order before death. Last week we completed Binding Death Agreements on our respective superannuation accounts and reviewed our other legal documents that include circumstances where you lose the ability to handle your own financial affairs.Heart attacks,strokes or mental decline should be considered. If you use the end of the financial year as the anniversary date for a review you should not miss handling important documents.

Cove I am sure when your time comes ( hopefully in 30+ years) your generation makes my generation pay for yours excesses.

I remain surprised at how many of us have no will, no Binding Death Agreement for their superannuation, no provision for their affairs to be handled in the event of a stroke or other major health calamity.
No one lives forever despite major drug advances and life is not a dress rehearsal.
It is embarrassing to have had various Federal and State Governments bugger up Australia with budgets where they told us it would not be a problem. Well now it is a problem.
If we all live another 30 years we may find out just how big a problem it really can be.
I don't need anything in the way of a pension from the government and I am happy to keep working part time now that I am 65 and healthy enough.
Australia started the superannuation savings system over 2 decades ago and so many of the participants are arranging their affairs to qualify for the age pension because they can. One or two more decades should give more opportunities to wean more Australians off the age pension.

Booked taxi for 7:30am to go Pattaya. Taxi arrives~8:10am. Traffic everywhere.

Fun to see if we can make it to golf bar by ~10:15am.

Last leg of my whistle stop tour coming up. So far 3/3 in scoring an empty seat next to me in whY on this journey. Fingers crossed for 4/4 then straight home and to bed ready for work tomorrow!

Vegemite Chocolate, anybody else tried it?

I purchased a block today and can't really taste the good stuff. Maybe a little Marmite taste (which I'm familiar thanks to my recent UK trip).

Disappointing but not totally unexpected since it was produced by Cadbury.

I'm waiting for Cadbury to try their hand at actual chocolate, before I try something flavoured from them.

Not a parent, but my MIL found out that her brother had heart surgery *after* it happened this week. Her SIL rang to tell her after the surgery.

Guess they were also not wanting the family to worry.

I didn't tell my mum about major surgery until I was in recovery and MrP called her. Helped me deal with the stress without also having to deal with her.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

A Guy has found an memory card in Stockholm that has over 4.000 pictures from a couple he thinks are from Melbourne and wants them to get their pictures back. More info in link.
Please help finding those two Australians!

web1.JPG

The passing of Alan Bond reminds me that folks should have their legal papers in order before death. Last week we completed Binding Death Agreements on our respective superannuation accounts and reviewed our other legal documents that include circumstances where you lose the ability to handle your own financial affairs.Heart attacks,strokes or mental decline should be considered. If you use the end of the financial year as the anniversary date for a review you should not miss handling important documents.

What I try to impress upon clients:

Binding Death Benefit nominations (superannaution) where appropriate and available
Valid, current Will
Enduring Power of Attorney
Advanced Health Directive

Some idiot just backed into my car :evil:

It's just a little dent so I'm wondering if it's worth getting fixed

Some idiot just backed into my car :evil:
It's just a little dent so I'm wondering if it's worth getting fixed

Be careful. Ensure witnesses or admission of liability on his part.

I had a P-plater roll backwards into me at traffic lights (Bourke at Queen Streets), tow bar into my bumper bar and number plate. Three of them in other car, me solo: thus when it came to insurance trying to get the money out of the other driver, the three swore black and blue that I had rammed him.

I had a P-plater roll backwards into me at traffic lights (Bourke at Queen Streets), tow bar into my bumper bar and number plate. Three of them in other car, me solo: thus when it came to insurance trying to get the money out of the other driver, the three swore black and blue that I had rammed him.

Well she quite clearly backed into me, I've got photos of both vehicles, and the location. And she asked to keep the insurance companies out of it.

Just the sort of situation where a dash cam would be useful.

Well she quite clearly backed into me, I've got photos of both vehicles, and the location. And she asked to keep the insurance companies out of it.

I would warn against keeping insurance out of it. In my experience that results in a cheaper quote but also lower quality work.

Suggest telling the panel shop that you'll be going via insurance. Then at least you'll have a full priced quote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back