The totally off-topic thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wifi from HGI Leiden.

And we have our bags!
Though the story didn't end with the email.It said we had to fill out a customs form.Went back to the concierge who rang AMS baggage services.They weren't going to send our bags anywhere but back home.So called in at Schipol.I stayed with the car whilst mrsdrron went in.Needless to say the directions to the baggage office were wrong and it took her sometime to find the office.She handed over the Custom's forms and was told they weren't needed.Obviously just a ruse to get out of delivering the bags.
Besides one had been inspected by Dutch Customs.This is what a TSA lock looks like after it has been opened-
DSC01330.JPG

Wifi from HGI Leiden.

And we have our bags!
Though the story didn't end with the email.It said we had to fill out a customs form.Went back to the concierge who rang AMS baggage services.They weren't going to send our bags anywhere but back home.So called in at Schipol.I stayed with the car whilst mrsdrron went in.Needless to say the directions to the baggage office were wrong and it took her sometime to find the office.She handed over the Custom's forms and was told they weren't needed.Obviously just a ruse to get out of delivering the bags.
Besides one had been inspected by Dutch Customs.This is what a TSA lock looks like after it has been opened-
DSC01330.JPG
What a palava. At least you are reunited.

Wifi Internet at a Hampton in in Humble, TX ....

Although the KL DT Lounge has a better view ... :p
Of course, there's gogo'ing, just crossing the Arkansas/Missouri border on the way to Kansas ...

So we selected the HGI Leiden as it had a coin laundry which some of our clothes really need.Of course it is out of order.

On the bright side the suite upgrade has come through for the Hotel Kamp Helsinki.

So we selected the HGI Leiden as it had a coin laundry which some of our clothes really need.Of course it is out of order.

On the bright side the suite upgrade has come through for the Hotel Kamp Helsinki.

Make sure you have some nice seafood chowder in Helsinki & forget your recent hassles!

We are going to one upmarket restaurant in Helsinki but will be going to our favourite Belgian moules et frittes restaurant just up the road from the Kamp.I do think they have some seafood chowder otherwise will have some at the waterfront market.
Enjoy your time in Spain.

And a word of praise for the concierge at the Marriott Amsterdam.He was like a terrier with BA who had ignored us for 48 hours.It was he who found out they had sent our bags to unclaimed baggage.If he had not done that they would soon be on the way back to the Sunshine Coast.
So massive fail for US and BA.

We are going to one upmarket restaurant in Helsinki but will be going to our favourite Belgian moules et frittes restaurant just up the road from the Kamp.I do think they have some seafood chowder otherwise will have some at the waterfront market.
Enjoy your time in Spain.

And a word of praise for the concierge at the Marriott Amsterdam.He was like a terrier with BA who had ignored us for 48 hours.It was he who found out they had sent our bags to unclaimed baggage.If he had not done that they would soon be on the way back to the Sunshine Coast.
So massive fail for US and BA.

Glad to hear things are getting back on track. Had a situation a few years ago when one of my two checked bags disappeared forever on a flight from FAT to LAS, a small United regional flight. It was in the early days of our travel and I stupidly had two checked bags of kit, and all my pants in the one that went missing. Some great service from our concierge and a department store soon had me in new strides hitting the town - the insurance claim was more annoying, but we were home by then :)

Things happen in threes. My dad casually mentioned in a phone call on Tuesday that he'd been wearing a halter monitor and had gone to a doctors appointment at the Wesley (worked out a cardiologist).

Seems he's got surgery booked for Thursday to have a pacemaker implanted as his heart had been "having a rest on occasions" [fact was multiple episodes of stopping beating for up to 3.5 seconds].

He was discharged yesterday and now resting at home. Going over there tonight to watch the Reds last home match with him and check out the scar :o

Stubborn....Irish....Old....Man :eek:

Seems he didn't want to have me worry :rolleyes:

Things happen in threes. My dad casually mentioned in a phone call on Tuesday that he'd been wearing a halter monitor and had gone to a doctors appointment at the Wesley (worked out a cardiologist).

Seems he's got surgery booked for Thursday to have a pacemaker implanted as his heart had been "having a rest on occasions" [fact was multiple episodes of stopping beating for up to 3.5 seconds].

He was discharged yesterday and now resting at home. Going over there tonight to watch the Reds last home match with him and check out the scar :o

Stubborn....Irish....Old....Man :eek:

Seems he didn't want to have me worry :rolleyes:

Not a parent, but my MIL found out that her brother had heart surgery *after* it happened this week. Her SIL rang to tell her after the surgery.

Guess they were also not wanting the family to worry.

There are some tools which can be used to retrieve items that have been accidentally deleted. This includes off flash based memories.

If it's the phone's internal SD card, that could be a real problem. Plus, as more writes are made to the memory, the worse chances of recovering deleted files.
Thanks. I have no idea where photos were located. DCIM I think whatever that means.

I think best I just copy the saved photos back to phone and lose the NZ trip.

It shouldn't be that simple to delete all your photos.

Thanks. I have no idea where photos were located. DCIM I think whatever that means.

I think best I just copy the saved photos back to phone and lose the NZ trip.

It shouldn't be that simple to delete all your photos.

Some would say that cloud synchronisation might mitigate against that possibility greatly (as then you have an almost instant backup that you can restore from).

If you have an iPhone then it is simply in the internal memory (and you will have a hard time recovering them, in general). If you have an Android based phone, some have the option of an external SD card as well as the internal memory, but by default the camera storage folder will be on the internal memory.

Your error reminds me of some amateurs (or simply someone who has been up all night and it's 3 am) using Linux or similar based systems. Some of them have likely run the command rm -rf *, and a few seconds later started banging their heads on the table (and perhaps recovered when they realised they have a backup somewhere).

Some would say that cloud synchronisation might mitigate against that possibility greatly (as then you have an almost instant backup that you can restore from).

If you have an iPhone then it is simply in the internal memory (and you will have a hard time recovering them, in general). If you have an Android based phone, some have the option of an external SD card as well as the internal memory, but by default the camera storage folder will be on the internal memory.

Your error reminds me of some amateurs (or simply someone who has been up all night and it's 3 am) using Linux or similar based systems. Some of them have likely run the command rm -rf *, and a few seconds later started banging their heads on the table (and perhaps recovered when they realised they have a backup somewhere).
That reminds me of a friend of mine who was the IT admin for a SME. He was sure it was impossible to delete the admin account. So he typed 'rm admin' or similar and then spent a very long night trying to recreate the account. :oops:

Cloud? The collective? Totally against the concept.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Lots of interest in the UEFA Cup final in the kitchen of our Venice restaurant tonight....not so much concern for the Waratahs :) The seafood was excellent!

The passing of Alan Bond reminds me that folks should have their legal papers in order before death. Last week we completed Binding Death Agreements on our respective superannuation accounts and reviewed our other legal documents that include circumstances where you lose the ability to handle your own financial affairs.Heart attacks,strokes or mental decline should be considered. If you use the end of the financial year as the anniversary date for a review you should not miss handling important documents.

I was doing points redemption flights yesterday and missed clicking on that section. Heck the cash price came up and I almost fainted seeing it was for 2 sets of flights at the retail price.

:shock: You trying to mess with my head, wooley :confused:. Or is it 'Only in Qld' :confused::p.

Registered to Middlebrook station in NSW... They're a weird bunch down there... No idea what they were attempting, short of being very very bored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Currently Active Users

Back