The totally off-topic thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was surprised. They simply asked if the guy wanted another ....bag! :eek:

It was the shop's bag that ripped as he took it off the counter. I didn't think the 10 second rule applied to traffic areas outside the home.

That's pretty poor

It has been 5 days since we checked in for our flight from Philly to Paris on US air,and everything went pear shaped, flight cancelled, re booked, and now our luggage hopefully has been collecting more FF miles than us, as we are in Amsterdam and lord knows where our luggage is, even though US Air/BA said it would be here to meet us. Luckily I packed plenty of underwear in our carryon, but no change of tops :rolleyes: so sadly we have been in the same shirt/ top now for 5 days !! And believe me I HAVENT had an opportunity to buy even a Aldi t shirt !!!

Yikes !!! :eek:

I was surprised. They simply asked if the guy wanted another ....bag! :eek:

It was the shop's bag that ripped as he took it off the counter. I didn't think the 10 second rule applied to traffic areas outside the home.

I have noticed many supermarkets using some very poor plastic bags lately.

At one business I worked for, made plastic strapping. We proved to a customer, a competitor's strapping made in China was of a lesser quality and weighed less per metre, thus weaker and less carrying capacity.

I think sometimes, some businesses choose the cheaper plastic bags without fully realising they might tear more easy and have less carrying capacity. Having said that, perhaps these biodegradable are weaker?

That business should have just given you a new loaf and double bagged it this time.

Day 6 and still no luggage.
BA are definite it was on the flight that arrived at AMS at 0915 2 days ago.Doesn't augur well.So mrsdrron went out an bought some more clothes.

Fun in the Marriott exec lounge this morning.Two Asian men walked in-not suspicious as the TG crew are in here for brekkie.They walk around and leave.One of the lounge workers runs out after them.A bit of commotion outside and he comes back in with a woman's handbag and reunites it with it's owner-he obviously knew her.The lounge is on the ground floor off the lobby and only on 1 out of 4 visits have we been asked our room number.No security at all.

I have somehow deleted all my photos from my Samsung Galaxy S3. I must have confirmed delete album not delete photo. :(

I know there's a way of getting them back but when I quickly checked instructions on internet it looked too complex.

Not all is totally lost as I managed to save most of them over time on laptop and USB stick. Recent NZ trip is missing.

I have somehow deleted all my photos from my Samsung Galaxy S3. I must have confirmed delete album not delete photo. :(

I know there's a way of getting them back but when I quickly checked instructions on internet it looked too complex.

Not all is totally lost as I managed to save most of them over time on laptop and USB stick. Recent NZ trip is missing.

There are some tools which can be used to retrieve items that have been accidentally deleted. This includes off flash based memories.

If it's the phone's internal SD card, that could be a real problem. Plus, as more writes are made to the memory, the worse chances of recovering deleted files.

So mrsdrron is going through the stages of grief.
We both had a little too much too imbibe in the exec lounge tonight.
But back in room and an email from baggage services Schipol-our bags have been found!!!!!

http://www.espncricinfo.com/west-indies-v-australia-2015/engine/match/810423.html

Lovely to see Adam Voges doing a Lazarus and probably cementing his place in the series at home against NZ.

No Cookies | The Courier-Mail

Oldest debutant to score a century and plenty of well wishers:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...from-all-corners/story-fnii0bxd-1227384100117

Bishoo get a Michelle but some commentators are describing his ball that bowled Haddin as equal to Warne bowling Mike Gatting - have a look at them side by side and I'm sorry, there is no comparison. Warnes turned prodigiously from further outside leg stump.

So we were 6/126 again and again one batsman and 3 bowlers saved the batting.

Just as well world cricket is not at it's strongest.

Considering Shane Watson on average only makes a 50+ less then every other test, Voges will probably be guaranteed 10 tests if they apply the Watson standard.

Just got off my last VA flight for the foreseeable future. Excellent. Being in J helps, I guess.

Jerry Collins (former All Black) and his wife died in accident in France, baby daughter in hospital:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3111910/Former-All-Black-Jerry-Collins-dies-French-car-crash.html

very sad story :(

Wifi Internet from a village near the Thai-Myanmar border.

Progress....

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Wifi Internet at a Hampton in in Humble, TX ....

Although the KL DT Lounge has a better view ... :p

Well, Bundy Bear must be disappointed that Freo have been humbled at home by Richmond (27 points) :o

Tigers led wire to wire and never looked really troubled.

Jerry Collins (former All Black) and his wife died in accident in France, baby daughter in hospital:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3111910/Former-All-Black-Jerry-Collins-dies-French-car-crash.html

very sad story :(

Very sad. RIP Jerry and Alana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back