The totally off-topic thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see Sepp go - his position was untenable. Now where can we find ethical, moral football administrators??

As some journalist put it on lateline last night. His position was untenable, his chief of state has been arrested for corruption. If he didn't know about it after 4 terms he's incompetent, if he did know then he's complicit in corruption.

CNN has been virtually full time on the FIFA scandal.A letter from the South Africans to FIFA surfaced describing a $10 million transfer to known corrupt official Jack Warner.All the FIFA execs said they had no knowledge of the payment and it was organised by their CFO at the time.He died last year.Funny how they knew he was to blame when they all used the Sgt.Schultze defense.
They had a list of the top 8 officials immediately below Sepp.5 arrested,1 has plead guilty to corruption the other 2 still being investigated.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

As some journalist put it on lateline last night. His position was untenable, his chief of state has been arrested for corruption. If he didn't know about it after 4 terms he's incompetent, if he did know then he's complicit in corruption.

On that logic James Hird wouldn't still be at Essendon.....

CNN has been virtually full time on the FIFA scandal.A letter from the South Africans to FIFA surfaced describing a $10 million transfer to known corrupt official Jack Warner.All the FIFA execs said they had no knowledge of the payment and it was organised by their CFO at the time.He died last year.Funny how they knew he was to blame when they all used the Sgt.Schultze defense.
They had a list of the top 8 officials immediately below Sepp.5 arrested,1 has plead guilty to corruption the other 2 still being investigated.

Australia's Football Federation also put $0.5 million Mr Warner's way in their absurd# bid for the 2022 World Cup. Claim they have nothing to answer for. We shall see.

# As if Australia would ever be remotely considered as host - its like Lithuania bidding seriously for the Olympics. Great technical bid but ...really???? Oh, then you see Qatar being awarded 2018. Ho, ho, ho.

QED.

On that logic James Hird wouldn't still be at Essendon.....

He shouldn't be there. He was complicit in injecting cough into the players without being able to prove it wasn't a banned substance. It is an utter failure of governance of the high performance program. He is responsible for that program and he can't demonstrate it was legal. Of course he should go.

He's also dropped the players in the cough. In whs terms he has failed to provide a safe workplace. There are a large number of players still not playing because Hird failed in his responsibilities to be able to demonstrate the program was legal. I fail to see how anyone can defend the leadership of that club.

Leaders get paid the big dollars because they must do this sort of thing.

Australia's Football Federation also put $0.5 million Mr Warner's way in their absurd# bid for the 2022 World Cup. Claim they have nothing to answer for. We shall see.

# As if Australia would ever be remotely considered as host - its like Lithuania bidding seriously for the Olympics. Great technical bid but ...really???? Oh, then you see Qatar being awarded 2018. Ho, ho, ho.

QED.

Are you joking. Against Qatar in 50 degree summer australia is entirely sensible.

We always add a top to undies in the carry-on. Learnt that from the year Dad had his luggage sent to Cornwall instead of London, and he had to beg shirts from me for a few days until it all turned up.

Well I had 2 changes of underwear,an old polo shirt and a pair of shorts but with dutch temperatures ~ 16C with a considerable wind chill factor they really don't cut the mustard.
Still no luggage.US and BA have been sent OK what compensation are we getting missives.

Well I had 2 changes of underwear,an old polo shirt and a pair of shorts but with dutch temperatures ~ 16C with a considerable wind chill factor they really don't cut the mustard.
Still no luggage.US and BA have been sent OK what compensation are we getting missives.

Feel for you Drron - hope those shorts aren't the memorable stars and stripes job you wore around the Pacific a while back!

Coffee shop chain that sells cakes and breads. Customer picks up bag of bread off counter and the bag rips. Bread falls to floor (where people stand when ordering coffee). What happens next?

Do I want to know?

I was surprised. They simply asked if the guy wanted another ....bag! :eek:

It was the shop's bag that ripped as he took it off the counter. I didn't think the 10 second rule applied to traffic areas outside the home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back