The totally off-topic thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to a movie in George Street Sydney and the person near me had a phone fetish where she could not turn it off. Should I have grabbed it and given it a 120kg test or is there another approach? The movie got interrupted by a fire alarm so I don't know if the dinosaurs won. We exited down the fire escape in an orderly rabble as you would expect.

Too many people can't give up.

Did you return to see the closing credits?

I would've asked for a refund for the movie.

We saw San Andreas staring the Rock today. It was vastly improved by a special person (older man in a wheelchair) who talked with the movie.

Some examples:

Movie: "What have we got?"
Man: "Earthquake"

He also said at various times "no earthquake bad", "earthquake bad", "no", "yes".

All was perfectly timed with the movie, and it made an otherwise average movie much better.

It was even better given the women up the back who went off at a group of young girls who were talking during the credits. (They are credits you don't need to hear them) I was picturing her fuming at the special man.

Hrrmph. Left my glasses at work, so am squinting slightly at the screen tonight.

And in unrelated news (because I don't wear glasses when I cook) I have now got a nice slice in my thumb. The one disadvantage of extremely sharp knives. :mad:

The trick is to have plenty of spare Specsavers glasses everywhere.
i have 2 sets at home and 1 set in each car and a pair on a rope around my neck, yes that is a tragic look but as my long range vision is perfect I can't see a thing up close, also another pair in the carry on bag for when we travel.

The trick is to have plenty of spare Specsavers glasses everywhere.
i have 2 sets at home and 1 set in each car and a pair on a rope around my neck, yes that is a tragic look but as my long range vision is perfect I can't see a thing up close, also another pair in the carry on bag for when we travel.
The annoying thing is that I have a pair of glasses I leave at work, and left my other pair there as well.

Returned the laptop. Of course it was the last one in stock. They've located one in another store but I cant get there till the end of the week. So right now I've paid for a computer I don't have...

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Not sure of your budget or urgency. If you're not in a rush, get your money back and wait a little for the new Microsoft Surface Pro 4:

Microsoft Surface Pro 4 Release Date & Specs: New Laplet Coming Out After Windows 10 Hits the Market? | Vine Reporter

If blackcat20 is anything like me, then once her mind is made up, that is it! Decision made and no correspondence will be entered into. :)

The price points of the Surface 4 will be an interesting sticking point, too.

In addition, for the purposes that blackcat20 has in mind, one would have to factor in the keyboard addition to the price. I'm not entirely convinced myself.

Said it on another thread but nothing I see going to beat the VAIO Z CANVAS tablet/ultra book..... My problem is I need someone coming from Japan to get one :( $2.7k

Not sure of your budget or urgency. If you're not in a rush, get your money back and wait a little for the new Microsoft Surface Pro 4:

Microsoft Surface Pro 4 Release Date & Specs: New Laplet Coming Out After Windows 10 Hits the Market? | Vine Reporter

The price points of the Surface 4 will be an interesting sticking point, too.

In addition, for the purposes that blackcat20 has in mind, one would have to factor in the keyboard addition to the price. I'm not entirely convinced myself.
And the fact I need to make the purchase by June 30 to claim it on my tax. Very happy with what I've chosen, aside from the dodgy pixels.

Decisions, decisions : which sun lounger should I have this morning ? :)
View attachment 50540

That's easy.

If I were you, it would be the one nearest the large (;)) Barbados masseuse...:p.

Also, if the red flag means no swimming, then you have plenty of time on your hands...:mrgreen:.

What happens on status runs, stays on status runs... - as long as it's shared on AFF :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Recent Posts

Back