The totally off-topic thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another day, another crisis. Apparently, I'm personally creating a massive restriction on business just because I insist on the little things like not breaking the law. :rolleyes:

Still it gave me a good laugh....

Another day, another crisis. Apparently, I'm personally creating a massive restriction on business just because I insist on the little things like not breaking the law. :rolleyes:

Goodness me medhead. Putting the law before profits - that's almost as bad as putting safety before profits. ;)

While I was away recently Telstra seem to have re-jigged their mobile phone coverage in my (rural) area.

Before: I could get 3 or 4 'bars' out of 5 of 3G signal on my phone, which I occasionally use for data downloads to supplement my ADSL 1 service.

Now: I can only get 1 bar of 4G on the phone.

Anyone with technical knowledge: 'All else being equal', which would be the better service for calls and data? 3 or 4 bar 3G signal, or 1 bar 4G signal?

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Our beautiful dog Bella is now on her way to Rainbow Bridge. Fantastic service by our vet and nurse who explained everything and we were cuddling her when she went.

Might be offline for a bit, grief is coming in waves and neither of us at the same time.

Awaiting the funeral service to come and pick her up.

Anybody who wants to raise a glass tonight, please do. We will be

Our beautiful dog Bella is now on her way to Rainbow Bridge. Fantastic service by our vet and nurse who explained everything and we were cuddling her when she went.

Might be offline for a bit, grief is coming in waves and neither of us at the same time.

Awaiting the funeral service to come and pick her up.

Anybody who wants to raise a glass tonight, please do. We will be

Will do. I'm so sorry. My friend had to help her horse along yesterday so will be thinking of you all.

QF WP,

Sad news - our thoughts are with you. Every time I read Rainbow Bridge I end up crying.

The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head,
and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from
your life but never absent from your heart

While I was away recently Telstra seem to have re-jigged their mobile phone coverage in my (rural) area.

Before: I could get 3 or 4 'bars' out of 5 of 3G signal on my phone, which I occasionally use for data downloads to supplement my ADSL 1 service.

Now: I can only get 1 bar of 4G on the phone.

Anyone with technical knowledge: 'All else being equal', which would be the better service for calls and data? 3 or 4 bar 3G signal, or 1 bar 4G signal?
1/5 bar of 4g is better than 5/5 3g. So your signal strength/quality has improved slightly.

I am not a tech-expert in that field, but that is my understanding.

Officially VA SG again but I've already got 80 SC on my new SG year as a result of my FIFO visit to Perth (in ice hockey mode) last weekend. J both ways (comp upgrade) was good.

ImageUploadedByAustFreqFly1432879052.815990.jpg

ImageUploadedByAustFreqFly1432879084.930175.jpg

ImageUploadedByAustFreqFly1432879117.907424.jpg

ImageUploadedByAustFreqFly1432878979.485095.jpg

Still happy with SG on VA.

QF WP,

Sad news - our thoughts are with you. Every time I read Rainbow Bridge I end up crying.

The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head,
and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from
your life but never absent from your heart

I had not read Rainbow Bridge before.... now crying.

Such a sad time for you all QF WP. It's really incredible how much pets are family in every respect. Wishing you and your family all the best.
I'm snuggling a little closer to my Lab as I type. He's not supposed to be on the couch, ever but lies there all the time when Shrek's not here ;)

Such a sad time for you all QF WP. It's really incredible how much pets are family in every respect. Wishing you and your family all the best.
I'm snuggling a little closer to my Lab as I type. He's not supposed to be on the couch, ever but lies there all the time when Shrek's not here ;)

I'm going to tell :p:mrgreen:.

Our cat magically finds himself under the quilt when MrP is away.

This morning we were up early (the mental exhaustion had me by 10:30) and we had a cuppa in our lounge room with our remaining dog (Lucy) who appears to be taking it quite well. The first test will be Tuesday when she's at home by herself. Lots of hugs from my daughter to Lucy and ala Princess Fiona, she was invited up onto the kids new couch (we could see that she wanted to come up) whilst we chose the funeral package. The girls are now off walking Lucy who will lap up the extra attention.

Thank you for all the messages here and on FB. It will get easier but we are already missing the distinctive slow "tap tap tap" of Bellas' paws walking up our tiled corridor.

You too eh!

My favourite comment from joint MD;

"Promise them anything they want and we'll at least get two years fees out of them."

Response - "But what they're asking for is impossible!"

Joint MD - "So, that just means there won't be any publicity when they sack us."

and he was serious.

This morning we were up early (the mental exhaustion had me by 10:30) and we had a cuppa in our lounge room with our remaining dog (Lucy) who appears to be taking it quite well. The first test will be Tuesday when she's at home by herself. Lots of hugs from my daughter to Lucy and ala Princess Fiona, she was invited up onto the kids new couch (we could see that she wanted to come up) whilst we chose the funeral package. The girls are now off walking Lucy who will lap up the extra attention.

Thank you for all the messages here and on FB. It will get easier but we are already missing the distinctive slow "tap tap tap" of Bellas' paws walking up our tiled corridor.

The next few weeks will be tough. Different things will trigger thoughts of your dog and all of a sudden you're a mess - well i was anyway! Look after yourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back