What cheeses me off

I had a similar dis-connected conversation via e-mails with my energy company after my smart meter installation.

My considered conclusion was that the smart meter mob were an entirely different organisation from the energy supplier and they only talk to each other grudgingly, esp when it comes to a customer problem.
Sounds about right. I figured I was going to be in for a challenging conversation when the conversation began like this -:

Me: I just wanted to confirm that the FIT is automatically incorporated into my billing with the smart meter having now been added, or whether there's something needed from my end to "request" the FIT to be added/enabled?

Agent: Got ti! Be assured, you have reached the right person, and I’ll definitely assist you with in order to configure the solar panels. Please do not worry I got this for you, you are a loyal customer ❤️

Me:
Rafe Spall Ugh GIF by Apple TV+

Sounds about right. I figured I was going to be in for a challenging conversation when the conversation began like this -:

Me: I just wanted to confirm that the FIT is automatically incorporated into my billing with the smart meter having now been added, or whether there's something needed from my end to "request" the FIT to be added/enabled?

Agent: Got ti! Be assured, you have reached the right person, and I’ll definitely assist you with in order to configure the solar panels. Please do not worry I got this for you, you are a loyal customer ❤️

Me:
Rafe Spall Ugh GIF by Apple TV+
When you know you know ... 🤣

WCMO is certain keyboard warriors whose strong opinions will be forcefully repeated over and over on the same thread ad infinitum as obviously everyone else's opinion and stated facts on the thread are obviously wrong stupid and valueless.

Is it so hard to agree to disagree and showing some courtesy

Last edited:
Do i want to opt out of paper receipts - no, its easier to get incorrect charges resolved with a paper receipt.
For what it's worth, I've really enjoyed the 3-4s time saving each checkout by having digital receipts. And usually they get pushed to my phone before the self-checkout has even finished doing its thing. To sort out issues they all start by scanning the barcode on the receipt anyway, which brings it up on their checkout.

My partner is the same, "we lose a day if we take a daytime flight" but I lose the entire day after a redeye in a fog of exhaustion....
Tell em Nah! Maximum efficiency is getting off the flight and arriving at your hotel just at the stated check-in time. Anything before that is wasted time.

The "New Connections" team
a.k.a the sales people who will tell you anything you need to hear to get you off their back because any future complaints from the sht they spouted will be another department's problem

WCMO is certain keyboard warriors whose strong opinions will be forcefully repeated over and over on the same thread ad infinitum as obviously everyone else's opinion and stated facts on the thread are obviously wrong stupid and valueless.

Is it so hard to agree to disagree and showing some courtesy
WCMO is when threads are locked and I can't reply with my forever thanks for locking it

WhY passengers who put their bags in J bins. This afternoon 7th passenger to board pops her bag with a P1 coaster attached above row 2 before sitting in row 5 when the bins above row 5 were all empty.

WhY passengers who put their bags in J bins. This afternoon 7th passenger to board pops her bag with a P1 coaster attached above row 2 before sitting in row 5 when the bins above row 5 were all empty.
Bag discrimination. I would wait until airborne, lights low, then move the bag to bins other side of aircraft.

Not sure which card to choose? Compare on AFF and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

LTIL - Swiss Public transport.

Yesterday did Bus-Bus (4 mins), Bus-Train (7 mins), Train-Train (3 mins) transfers all went smoothly and the journey took and 1.5 hrs all up. In many countries, you'd have to allow 1.5 hrs just for the three transfers.

I posted this in the "little things I like" thread. My antidote to that in this #WCMO thread is "Italian public transport".

Four encounters at different times over the last 5 weeks. 2 strikes that either killed or delayed our plans. Another where our intercity servicesfrom (Geneva/Basel-Milan routing) was terminated at the last Swiss station before the border due to issues on the Italian side. Luckily we were only going 1 stop into Italy and were able to get on a local train 40 mins later. Most other intercity services 15-30 min delays.

Then on Friday (not necessarily the fault of Italian operator), coming back from Venice to Zurich, train was full from Milan . 25 mins late by the time we reached the Swiss border, where an extended family of about 20 pax boarded with some standing in the aisles. Noisy noisy conversations. Then one started doing facetime call on full speaker. And the elderly lady sitting next to my mother, started watching video on speaker with full volume. I couldn't take it any more, internally fuming, so alighted at the next stop, where I moved to a Swiss intercity service that was leaving in 5 mins. Unfortunately the delayed train we were on took our slot, and we delayed 5 mins and missed our connection, and had to wait 1/2 an hour. But at least the carriage was quiet and peaceful and we had our "packed lunch" dinner, which there was no room to have on the through train.

#FirstWorldProblems :p

I don't know why I expected any different from an off airport long term parking place but they are closed Christmas Day.

FFS people still travel on that day. It can't be that difficult to get someone to work on that day?

Airport parking ~$100 more. Any discount codes?

Look like car is staying in garage and Uber XL to/from airport. Lucky golf clubs are in Thailand but we still have 7 bags. I'm guessing Christmas morning Uber will be ~$100 and same to return Friday night?

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Recent Posts

Back