What cheeses me off

Doesn’t help when you live in QLD. And arriving at night so really want to be mucking around at the airport station.
Guess it depends on your definition of mucking around - tap opal, press button, tap credit card - 5 seconds at most when you are at the station anyway seems like much less mucking around than you have had trying to register cards.

Also for late night arrival Uber will be quicker.

Also for late night arrival Uber will be quicker.
and possibly not much more for two on the train (even with a Gold card). Unless looking to take the bus?

Speaking of….

WCMO - partner has a Gold Opal and likes to take the 350 bus home instead of an Uber! 🙄

Fortunately, it doesn’t go to/from SYD T1….

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

WCMO is sneaky EFTPOS machines that don't show the card surcharge until *after* you tap. I disagree with the surcharges so always choose another payment method when presented with them.

Bought something for $39.99. EFTPOS machine screen said $39.99. Tapped and screen changed briefly to $40.43 before spitting out receipt. I had words to the shop assistant about deceptive practices. This was soon escalated to the manager. I think she realised there were diminishing returns by continuing to argue with me. I eventually got my surcharge back.

Arsonists. Wednesday we handed over several security keys and fobs (replacement around $150 each because they can charge that) to our property management people as we are renting out our apartment again. Handover was 25 October to new tenant.

Last night - that same property manager office was hit by aronsists for the third time in a week (first I'd heard of that) and last night they were successful, in burning it down.

One would hope that after the first attempt they'd have upped their security. Or at most the second attempt in a week. Don't know if this link will work.

IMG_2049.png

Now we wait to hear if the Agents had responsibly and safely stored our keys. It takes about a fortnight to get them replaced. And the cost. Over $1000 for the set.

Last edited:
Arsonists. Wednesday we handed over several security keys and fobs (replacement around $150 each because they can charge that) to our property management people as we are renting out our apartment again. Handover was 25 October to new tenant.

Last night - that same property manager office was hit by aronsists for the third time in a week (first I'd heard of that) and last night they were successful, in burning it down.

One would hope that after the first attempt they'd have upped their security. Or at most the second attempt in a week. Don't know if this link will work.

View attachment 412333

Now we wait to hear if the Agents had responsibly and safely stored our keys. It takes about a fortnight to get them replaced. And the cost. Over $1000 for the set.
Awful
I would imagine (?) if thieves want keys to access properties and steal - then breaking into the office would allow this
…. But burning down an office (third attempt?) — very odd and less likely to achieve this…
I so hope you have minimal inconvenience @Pushka - but sounds like a real pain.❤️

Awful
I would imagine (?) if thieves want keys to access properties and steal - then breaking into the office would allow this
…. But burning down an office (third attempt?) — very odd and less likely to achieve this…
I so hope you have minimal inconvenience @Pushka - but sounds like a real pain.❤️
Something else going on with this agent that does not involve keys.

Is it me or are the emoji icons bigger brighter and (?better) suddenly on AFF community
Post automatically merged:

Is it me or are the emoji icons bigger brighter and (?better) suddenly on AFF community
Sorry wrong thread - meant for chit chat
FYI - I like it so not cheesed off
Mod feel free to move (clearly I am having a moment…)

Something else going on with this agent that does not involve keys.
Well, there have been several arson attacks happening in Adelaide, one every night. It's the criminals trying to build up a protection racket business for the illegal smoke shops that are ramping up in Adelaide and which even amongst Joe Citizen do a roaring trade because smokes are insanely priced these days.

This one - the agents I've been dealing with are great but there's something up. Wierd to see the door and room I entered into this week damaged by fire.

Apartment keys and fobs are safe! They only lost the front office and boardroom and whilst other areas are smoke damaged, there was no loss to general property. People working from home as office uninhabitable but all keys etc have been secured. Covid has taught everyone that WFH can work and IT systems already in place from that time.

Apartment keys and fobs are safe! They only lost the front office and boardroom and whilst other areas are smoke damaged, there was no loss to general property. People working from home as office uninhabitable but all keys etc have been secured. Covid has taught everyone that WFH can work and IT systems already in place from that time.
Well, the keys etc. should be kept in a fire proof safe anyway. If they're not, then this should at least prompt them to do so. However, you would hope even before this happened that was already in place...... #HoldingClientProperty101

Well, the keys etc. should be kept in a fire proof safe anyway. If they're not, then this should at least prompt them to do so. However, you would hope even before this happened that was already in place...... #HoldingClientProperty101
Yes agree and was hopeful of that but who knows. The delay of the front office sending them out back by just a day maybe to catalogue, could have been our undoing.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back