Crew Showed MA15+ Movie to all PAX on QF59

I’d argue every pax is either of age, or has adult supervision.
The adults need to be consenting to supervise which clearly some weren't.

It's also not just 12-14 year olds. Unaccompanied minors travel from 6 on their own with basic supervision from flight attendants. Kids can also travel together without parents so long as one is aged 15+, but that sibling can't give consent for the film.

I've made use of both unaccompanied bookings and also sent kids on their own when one was over 15. I don't think it's uncommon at all.

The flight was international, you have to be at least 12 to fly QFi as an unaccompanied minorr.

The flight was international, you have to be at least 12 to fly QFi as an unaccompanied minorr.

They can but the airline assumes the role of guardian. That’s why you have to pay. Either someone is responsible for the child or the parent has agreed for the child to be unaccompanied.

The adults need to be consenting to supervise which clearly some weren't.

And I’m sure they advised the crew which is why the film was turned off.

Again, the “court” (whatever hypothetical jurisdiction would take on a case like this) would not distinguish between what a child could access via the IFE interface or whether the film was screened. Either way the film was made available to the child.

There has to be some common sense applied here. How many decades has personal IFE existed? Why is it now suddenly a problem, only after news blatantly mis-report it as literal cough being screened? Again, this wouldn’t have even made the news if the truth was reported from the get go.

Not sure which card to choose? Compare on AFF and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back