Oneworld Classic Flight Reward Discussion - The Definitive Thread

MH flies between KUL and DOH and has Y classic rewards available for multiple dates. Does anyone know if they ever release J rewards on this route?
Thanks

agents being able/not able to see availability for ‘new’ vs ‘existing’ bookings.

This x100.

Back last year before my Business OWA, I called many, many times in an attempt to change some flights to ones that had availability online.

I got the above quote 95% of the time in that, seats showing online are for "new" bookings only.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

This x100.

Back last year before my Business OWA, I called many, many times in an attempt to change some flights to ones that had availability online.

I got the above quote 95% of the time in that, seats showing online are for "new" bookings only.

Do we have any clarification as to the validity of this claim?

I had a similar issue with a HND-JFK which had J showing but wasn’t bookable as part of a OWA. Tried after the fact to “change” to the J seat (that was still showing available) and given the “only for new bookings” like. Did escalate it to the rewards email but they got their back up and sent some pretty rude emails that started to claim it was “a market based seat” and “some seats are only available from some markets” (ie: gotta book ex Japan which I know is a lie).

I don’t know whether it has been fixed but NZ used to count as Australia in the Qantas booking system - so hitting Auckland would count as a return to the starting country.
Hi, just returned from a successful OWA the planning of which was greatly helped by the information available here so thanks to everyone. Trying to book one for next year and it has become a lot more difficult. Just wondering if anyone knows if the issue above has been fixed as I would like to return to SYD from JFK but stop in AKL if possible.
Thanks in advance

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back