Qantas international Economy Class meals

QF157 Mel-Akl

Cajun Chicken with pumpkin couscous salad. The salad was tasty and actually very good. Cheese and crackers, Lindt ball were as expected. The only let down was the wine which was pretty average and not worth a second drink.

The real question is why haven’t we seen bread and ice cream return to trans Tasman flights?

Service in the Melbourne International Business Lounge was also pretty good. Staff came through room with plate of the day beef pastries with Greek salad and trays of a Campari spritz coughtail. The food at the buffet table could still be improved however.

IMG_7287.jpegIMG_7286.jpeg

Lots of examples of New Zealand and Asian flights here, but has anyone got knowledge of what is served on Flights to Rome from Perth?

No photos but flew back on QF102 NAN-SYD which I assume was Nadi catered.

Economy choices of
* Pasta Bolognese - turned out to be penne with a healthy amount of mince meat
* Chicken with mash and vegetables - quite decent serving.
Also usual biscuits and cheese. Wooden cutlery.
2 red and 2 white choices on the wine front - had the Watkins Shiraz pictured above.

Small size Kit Kats served later.

Had flown on an FJ A350 on the way there and the QF catering was definitely better though more room in the larger aircraft.

Was also impressed with the Fiji Lounge in Nadi. Good little kids section which reflects usage. Serviced bar and a good food selection with a mix of sandwiches, curries and salads.

QF71 Per to Sin. The economy meals are about the same as ScootPlus ones. You do get an ice-cream however.

Described as Beef Bacon Burgundy. Meat was tender and the mash had no lumps. Tasted fine for what it was.

IMG20241020135633.jpg

Chicken Kung Pao.My wife said it was nice.

IMG20241020135649.jpg

QF71 Per to Sin. The economy meals are about the same as ScootPlus ones. You do get an ice-cream however.

Described as Beef Bacon Burgundy. Meat was tender and the mash had no lumps. Tasted fine for what it was.

View attachment 412791

Chicken Kung Pao.My wife said it was nice.

View attachment 412792
Its definitely chicken, BUT not like any Kung pao Chicken I have ever eaten or cooked

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back