Strategy to obtain US Amex

For those interested in upgrading their biz gold to biz plat, you can upgrade and get 120k points for 10k spend. Doesn't count as a new card so can still apply for one of each every 90 days. I was offered for 3 of my cards and just got them all upgraded
I wish I can one day be rich or important enough to be able to be able to spend 30k for SUBs!!

I currently have an application for a Hilton Honors and they wont accept my address (recently moved away from MyUS) and they are asking for bank statement despite being with the with a green and platinum - so who knows how they work
If you changed the address recently wait for 30days and ring them back. Or try again with this number 8669295160

I have 3 follow-up questions for clarification re Amex applications using ITIN (I've read this whole thread and thought I had a fool-proof strategy until my recent applications threw up both pop-up jail and a 4506c request, the double combo. Very humbling!)

1. When applying for a subsequent Amex card with an ITIN after using GT for the initial card(s), do you log into your US Amex account and then proceed to apply while logged in? I'm seeing some DPs that ask whether the person was logged in or not when they applied after having received a 4506c request or their application has otherwise been sent for pending review. I'm not sure why tbh.

2. After a 4506c request, is there a recommended timeframe to wait before applying again? I've seen DPs ranging from immediately after, to a couple of weeks, to 3 months+.

3. How soon after getting an ITIN should you wait before trying to apply with the ITIN when having c. 3 years credit history with just Amex (having used GT) and a FICO score of around 760 and TU score of 758 (obtained from unsuccessful C1 pre-approval tool letter)?

Appreciate any assistance. Thanks!

I have 3 follow-up questions for clarification re Amex applications using ITIN (I've read this whole thread and thought I had a fool-proof strategy until my recent applications threw up both pop-up jail and a 4506c request, the double combo. Very humbling!)

1. When applying for a subsequent Amex card with an ITIN after using GT for the initial card(s), do you log into your US Amex account and then proceed to apply while logged in? I'm seeing some DPs that ask whether the person was logged in or not when they applied after having received a 4506c request or their application has otherwise been sent for pending review. I'm not sure why tbh.

2. After a 4506c request, is there a recommended timeframe to wait before applying again? I've seen DPs ranging from immediately after, to a couple of weeks, to 3 months+.

3. How soon after getting an ITIN should you wait before trying to apply with the ITIN when having c. 3 years credit history with just Amex (having used GT) and a FICO score of around 760 and TU score of 758 (obtained from unsuccessful C1 pre-approval tool letter)?

Appreciate any assistance. Thanks!
I am no expert but will give my thoughts

1. I applied for first via GT and then 13 months later for second using GT link but I did not put in my Australian data in there - just added my ITIN - don't think it matters has been my understanding and one experience

3. I applied for second 13 months after Amex GT history and ITIN was about 10 months old - approved overnight

I have decided to give up on my
My 2nd chase card application is stucked and as SUB was not good (signed with 35k points only), I have asked rep to withdrew my application and hoping to reapply with new 5FN SUB.
Anyone knows when could I apply again please, my first card was approved 2 months ago.
Seems like once you application has been lodged there is no option for withdraw. I will re-apply later this month, I wonder if reducing total credit limit and pay off balance would help with new application? I currently have 80k ~ 100 credit limit (showing differerntly at different credit bureau). Thanks.

Is anyone transferring Amex to Hawaiian to Alaska? I am tempted to do 500k but afraid they will devalue (which is a chance but unlikely so recently after the merger). Anyone else have any thoughts?

Last edited:
Is anyone transferring Amex to Hawaiian to Alaska? I am tempted to do 500k but afraid they will devalue (which is a chance but unlikely so recently after the merger). Anyone else have any thoughts?
I have same thought about those Hawaiin CCs. Currently 3/24 and P2 is 2/24. Should I jump on those Hawaiin CC - knowing that they are not gonna last. Or Should I try to get Transferable points with Amex or other elevated offers with other banks. Any thoughts?

I won't be doing it as I see AA & AS miles as broadly similar (albeit not identical) and I am acquiring plenty of AA miles atm.

But if you are thinking of doing it, the time to strike is now:
“Our intent is not to have a transferable currency where guests can earn across competitor cards, to be totally honest,” Catlin said. “And when given the opportunity to kind of close that door, we will.”

Is there a business version to apply that wont count towards 5/24
Yes Barclays
Post automatically merged:

I won't be doing it as I see AA & AS miles as broadly similar (albeit not identical) and I am acquiring plenty of AA miles atm.

But if you are thinking of doing it, the time to strike is now:

Yes I thought so. I tried to get Citi AA and was denied. Need to spend more time MSing in the US though as BG aren't as good as I thought 🤔

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back